Criminology: Situational Awareness & Victim Selection
What you'll learn
- Overview of the global crime rate in violent crimes: We see an international increase in violent crimes on a daily basis. A brief look at the global picture..
- Understand the causes of crime: It is important to understand the causes of crime. We look at some theories in criminal psychology to understand WHY?
- Victimology: Originally referred to victim selection. How do criminal select their victims? What is the profile of a victim? Are you a potential victim?
- Profiling: Be able to identify a possible threat/ criminal on the street or in your neighborhood. By doing so, criminal activity can be prevented.
- Proactive Lifestyle: Learn to make adjustments to your current profile and empower yourself to be a TOUGH TARGET.
- Legality: Understand the basic legal aspects of claiming self-defense in any court across the world.
- Human Survival Mechanism: Your body is designed to protect itself in a life-threatening situation. Use it to your advantage when you understand it.
- Criminal Surveillance Tactics: Understand how criminals plan their criminal activities. By doing so, you can prevent the crime by understanding what to look for
- Counter Surveillance: Surveillance can be detected. You will know how and what to look for.
- No previous training required. We are here to guide you through the learning process. All you really need is the will to learn how to be a TOUGH TARGET.
- Learn how criminals would rather select an easier target than you.
Victimology is the study of theories of victimization and the degree of risk a person has of becoming a 'Victim'...because of his or her personal, professional, or social life. It further evaluates the Victim and gains intimate knowledge of the victim's habits and lifestyle to provide reason why this particular 'Victim' was chosen at a given time and place.
Definition of victimology
1: the study of the ways in which the behavior of crime victims may have led to or contributed to their victimization.
When a crime is committed there are usually two parties involved: the criminal and a victim. Victimologists argue that the field of criminology ignores the role of crime victims and focuses primarily on the offenders and the types of crimes they commit. This course attempts to rectify this imbalance in the field by focusing on victims of crime. The course will present students with an introductory analysis of the field of victimology.
Victimology is a branch of criminology, which examines the nature of the victimization process; the relationships between victims and offenders; the emotional, physical, and economic impact of crimes on victims.
The field of victimology includes victim profiling, forensic victimology, and the scientific study of victims that focuses on their lifestyles, circumstances, the events leading up to the crime, and the nature of their victimization.
Victimology focuses on the victim and the interpersonal relations involved before, during, and after the commission of a crime.
Victimology is particularly interested in the victim who exhibits 'common victim behavior.'
The study of criminal cases, criminal statistics, and identification of the causes and conditions enabling the commission of crimes indicates that many crimes are, to a certain degree, due to the behavior of the victims themselves.
This conclusion can lead to the development of special, non-traditional measures to prevent crime, directed at preventing negligent, risky, or provocative behavior by a person and in turn empowers the person to prevent becoming a victim rather than having to revert to physical defensive measures.
New forms of prevention may be established both to prevent “re-victimization” on the part of persons who have already been victims and to identifying and warning potential victims whose behavior and lifestyle create opportunity to crime.
This course is designed to:
• empower individuals to Not Be a Victim
• empower Law Enforcement Officers by identifying potential perpetrators and preventing crime.
• Inspire Law Enforcement Instructors to teach fellow officers and communities.
• designed to also support mental health professionals who seek to engage in prevention, investigation, and intervention on behalf of victims of crime.
In this course we discuss:
The Crime Picture (Statistics.)
Profile of a Victim
Profile of a Criminal
Criminal Modus Operandi
How do YOU become a Victim?
Self Defense (the Legal Side)
Requirements of a Crime
Understanding Your Body's Survival Mechanism (strengths and weaknesses)
The Criminal Planning Cycle
What makes this course different?
We believe in providing high quality training at affordable prices. That way we can empower so many more people.
As a trainer in Law Enforcement, Firearms and Specialized Tactical Operations in a country ranking no. 3 in the world on statistics on the most violent countries in the world, I have not only theoretical knowledge of criminal statistics and studies, victim statistics and profiles, Modus Operandi of criminals, but hands-on experience on how criminals operate, ranging from organized crime, crime syndicates, opportunist crimes, car-jacking, and human trafficking. Apart from the no. 3 ranking in the most violent countries, I also live and operate in one of the most violent cities in the world, according to some world renowned statistics.
I design and supply firearm training learning material, and am a speaker and course presenter at International Law Enforcement Instructor Annual Training Conferences.
Now, on this course, I bring you 30 years of experience in a short course, to equip to become a Hard Target in any country, regardless of whether you are law enforcement, a civilian, or therapist who deals with victims of crime. Therapists will understand Victimology better to empower victims in dealing with the aftermath and feel more empowered by knowing that they can be a Tough Target in future.
The course is Accredited with the International Shooters' Network and approved by the International Accreditation Organization.
Who this course is for:
- Victims of Crime who want to understand how they can prevent themselves from becoming a victim again.
- Citizens of every country in the world who want to understand how criminals select their victims and how NOT to become a victim in any country.
- Mental health professionals who seek to engage in prevention, investigation, and intervention on behalf of victims of crime.
- Law Enforcement, Military, and Private Security personnel who want to be more effective in their duties and understand how the body responds to shock and why.
- Tourists who travel to many countries across the world, who want to know which countries are high risk for travelers.
I mentor many teachers, trainers, and instructors across the world involved in adult education (irrespective of their field of expertise), who approach me for ideas and guidance with "problem" students.
To me, the student is the most important, and if I can assist the teacher to reach every student, we (you and I) have reached a new goal, and above all, we have changed the life of a student.
I write training material and design courses for international clients, and coach them on "out of the box training methods".
I am a professional Training Counsellor with almost 30 years' experience, a Certified & Ordained Life Coach Minister, a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Practitioner with qualifications in Criminal Psychology and I also mentor to many training providers across the world in the Adult education and training industry. I specialize in Adult Education, and as a professional coach, I inspire, mentor, and coach law enforcement officers and teachers, etc. to reach NEW HEIGHTS in their careers and personal lives.
I provide Life Coaching and Mentoring to Teachers, Trainers, and Instructors, and Life Coaching to Law Enforcement Officers, Military Vets (including Private Sector Security), and Emergency Personnel around the world. It may also include spiritual counseling and guidance if required.
Above all, I am an Ordained Minister on an international level with a Doctor’s Degree in Theology.
I specialize in adult education and am a leader in the field of Adult Education. I write and provide learning material and guidance to many other training centers.
I also design specialist courses in the field of law enforcement and have trained many teams in special operations units, SWAT teams, and other tactical units. By doing so, I also worked with a diversity of ethical, ethnical and language groups, often reaching the proverbial "glass ceiling" with students. These will refer to language barriers, environmental barriers, etc.
I break the ceiling, so you can fly right through.
During the entire period of +28 years, I have experienced a broad spectrum of human nature and dealt with different ethical, religious and ethnical groups, hereby realizing the shortfall in effective communication, positive attitude and commitment.
I realized that by assisting individuals in recognizing such shortfalls and turning this into a positive mindset, amazing results could be achieved, whether at work, home or anywhere else.
Extensive research is constantly being done on all products to ensure that products remain up to date with latest trends and daily life.
I will always remain professional and reliable, providing all clients with ethical and humanitarian practice, yet meeting all present and future demands in a cost-effective manner.