The creative writing course - write a newsletter or a book.
What you'll learn
- Understand the key elements of creative writing
- Feel confident about starting a text
- This short course has been designed to give you an effective starting point with your creative writing.
- The course is fast moving, colourful and deliberately designed to encourage you to appreciate how to become an effective creative writer.
- I’ve used lots pictures - after all they paint a 1000 words - we just need to get those words out on paper!
Creative writing can be challenging and, like any other skill, it’s useful to gain an overview of the main topics.
How to improve your written English for fun, profit and enjoyment
- creative writing by using templates, simple sentences and effectively structuring your work.
- write with more confidence and precision - using words to get your message across simply and clearly
This short course has been designed to give you an effective starting point with your creative writing. The course is fast moving, colourful and deliberately designed to encourage you to appreciate how to become an effective creative writer. I’ve used lots pictures - after all they paint a 1000 words - we just need to get those words out on paper!
You might be someone who enjoys the challenge of creative writing … perhaps you’d like to start a blog, contribute to a newsletter, write a book or … just write because you want to. Whatever your motivation, this course is an ideal opportunity to get some of the fundamental principles of creative writing - each lecture is complete, there’s plenty of practice and I’ll always feedback if you post a discussion.
There are many benefits to being a creative writer. A precise message is an excellent asset, particularly when there is so many internet, work and family distractions for the reader. Although it could be argued that communication has evolved and that using 'creative writing’ is no longer required in our fast moving 24 x 7, instant access lifestyles.
But I’d argue the complete opposite. Reading a well written creative writing piece can be an excellent escape and allow your mind to wander to a whole new world. From ‘The Hobbit’ to ‘Black Beauty,’ creative writers have opened doors and allowed us to be involved in soaring adventures.
Contents and overview
This course contains over 18 lectures and one hour of content.
However, much more than that, it’s a community of like minded individuals. As we develop and encourage each other you’ll get invaluable, and specific, feedback from your fellow students.
By the end of this course you’ll have valuable skills that will help you quickly focus on the main components of creative writing. You’ll hear what others think of your work and I’ll always try to respond - perhaps a comment, maybe a new lecture.
What are the requirements?
An open mind, willingness to learn, plenty of practice!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 18 lectures and an hour of content
- … but that’s evolving
- You’ll enjoy a boost in creativity
- You’ll know where to start
- You’ll think about writing in a new way
- You’ll be an important part of a like minded community
Who are the target audience?
- Bloggers, article writers, school students, aspiring authors and hobbyists!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who like to write creatively.
- You might like to start a blog, contribute to a newsletter, write a novel … or just enjoy writing.
Hi – I've been involved in math and English for quite some time as I qualified as an Engineering Officer in the Merchant Navy. It was a great experience and I was lucky to get the opportunity to see different cultures around the world – from New Zealand to the Middle East. However, during the past few years, I have enjoyed running after school study centres.
I'm always interested in “practical math" and have developed a number of projects to encourage students including Maths Wrap, a YouTube channel (nearly 2 million views!) and creating the world's biggest number – here in Leeds.Tutoring Experience:
Fully qualified math and English Instructor with over fourteen years experience. Tutoring to GCSE level including exam technique guidance, reasoning skills and interview coaching. I have worked with a number of adults and take pleasure in helping to achieve career goals.