Creative Writing - Writing Tips part 2
What you'll learn
- Confidently apply the tips to their writing.
- Create up to ninety (90) new pieces of work.
- Understand and apply varying techniques of the craft of writing and the industry.
- Polish pieces of writing created prior to undertaking this course.
- There is no prior knowledge or preparation required in order to start this course. Pen and paper or a blank document is sufficient. Completion of Writing Tips – Part 1 would be an advantage but is not essential.
These thirty-two lectures highlight key aspects of the craft of creative writing, and include thirty tips, each one accompanied by three related exercises to enhance your writing skills.
The course is taught via video slides with clear audio narration from a native English speaker who is not only a writer but also a freelance editor, blogger, and creative writing tutor for a variety of clients. Terminology is simple, ideal for those for whom English is a second language.
Depending upon the student's timeframe, the course, without pausing, lasts just under an hour and a half. If completing one tip with its exercises per day, the course could last a month, or at one exercise per day, this course contains three months' worth of content.
No specific materials are required other than pen / pencil and paper or blank document. All slides and mentioned handouts are provided as downloadable documents.
If you have no prior creative writing knowledge, this course will provide a strong foundation on which to build a body of work. If you already have some knowledge, it will refresh those skills and improve your confidence going forward.
An accompanying 'part 1' course provides 30 tips and 90+ exercises concentrating on sparking creativity, aimed at writers of any age and experience.
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for any writers regardless of their current level of knowledge.
Hello. I'm Morgen With An E, a writer for over fifteen years with sixteen books published. Freelance editor of 200+ books.
Apart from killing people (and having the occasional romance) on paper, I am a speaker at events and available for (online and in person) workshops and one-to-one mentoring.
Also a former tutor for Northamptonshire County Council's Adult Learning team providing evening / Saturday creative writing and I.T. classes to the general public aged 19+.
I have also judged various writing competitions - currently BeaconLit's resident sole judge.