Creative Writing and Teaching Diploma
What you'll learn
- Module 1: Creative Nonfiction 1. Introduction 2. Creative Nonfiction Classification 3. Guidelines for Creative Nonfiction 4. The place of Ethics
- Module 2: Location 1. Writing About Place 2. Setting the tone 3. Non-Fiction Narrative 4. The Lyrical Essay
- Module 3: Creative Fiction 1. Introduction 2. Creative Writing Techniques 3. Poetic Devices 4. Short Stories 5. How to Structure a Novel
- Module 4: Writing For Performance 1. Introduction 2. How does Performance tell a Story? 3. Understanding Dialogue 4. Understanding Pace 5. Setting the Scene
- Module 5: Teaching Creative Writing 1. A Brief History 2. Poetry 3. Writing Workshop 4. Structure of Lessons 5. Close Reading Methodology
- No programming needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
Creative Writing and Teaching Course Overview and Curriculum
Welcome to the "Creative Writing and Teaching Online Course". This course is designed for aspiring writers, educators, and anyone interested in nurturing creative expression and teaching the art of writing. Whether you aim to become a more skilled writer, guide others in their writing journeys, or simply explore the joy of creative expression, this course will equip you with the knowledge, techniques, and resources needed to excel.
Crafting Creative Writing: Develop your creative writing skills through engaging exercises, prompts, and workshops across various genres.
Teaching Writing Effectively: Learn proven pedagogical methods and strategies for teaching writing to learners of all levels, from children to adults.
Inspiration and Motivation: Discover how to spark and sustain creativity in yourself and your students, overcoming writer's block and nurturing a writing habit.
Feedback and Revision: Master the art of constructive feedback and revision, essential for growth as a writer and teacher.
Community Building: Create and sustain a supportive writing community, both online and offline, to encourage collaboration and growth.
Duration: This flexible, self-paced course comprises a series of modules, each offering video lessons, readings, and writing assignments.
Expert Instructors: Learn from experienced writers and educators who are passionate about creative writing and teaching.
Interactive Learning: Engage in discussions, workshops, and collaborative writing projects with fellow participants to enhance your skills and build connections. (Dependent on others taking the course at the same time).
Who Should Enroll:
Teachers and Educators
Writing Workshop Facilitators
Bloggers and Content Creators
Professionals Seeking to Improve Their Writing Skills
Benefits of Taking This Course:
Enhance your writing skills across various genres, from fiction to poetry and creative nonfiction.
Develop effective teaching techniques to inspire and mentor writers of all ages and backgrounds.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate in Creative Writing and Teaching from The Boho Academy (Cotswold House of Education), acknowledging your expertise in both creative writing and teaching writing effectively.
Unleash your creative potential and become a skilled teacher of the written word. Enrol today to embark on this educational journey and inspire the next generation of writers.
To enrol or for more information about the course, click the "Enroll Now" button below. Start your journey toward becoming a confident writer and a dynamic writing instructor today!
Module 1: Creative Nonfiction
2. CNF Classification
3. Guidelines for CNF
4. The Place of Ethics
5. Borrowing Tools from Fiction
Module 2: Location
1. Writing About Place
2. Setting the tone
3. Non-Fiction Narrative
4. The Lyrical Essay
Module 3: Creative Fiction
2. Creative Writing Techniques
3. Poetic Devices
4. Short Stories
5. How to Structure a Novel
Module 4: Writing for Performance
2. How does Performance tell a Story?
3. Understanding Dialogue
4. Understanding Pace
5. Setting the Scene
Module 5: Teaching Creative Writing
1. A Brief History
3. Writing Workshop
4. Structure of Lessons
5. Close Reading Methodology
7. Pedagogical Theories
Who this course is for:
- A course on creative writing and teaching is designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to teach creative writing effectively. Intended learners for such a course may include: Aspiring Creative Writing Teachers: Individuals who aspire to become creative writing instructors at schools, colleges, or writing workshops and are looking to develop the pedagogical skills necessary for teaching writing. Current Educators: Classroom teachers, including English teachers, who want to enhance their teaching skills and incorporate creative writing into their existing curriculum. Writing Workshop Facilitators: Individuals who lead writing workshops in various settings, such as community centers, libraries, or online platforms, and want to improve their teaching methods. Writing Center Tutors: Tutors or mentors who work in writing centers at educational institutions and want to better support students in their creative writing endeavors. Homeschooling Parents: Parents who homeschool their children and want to provide comprehensive and engaging instruction in creative writing. Librarians: Librarians who organize writing programs and activities for library patrons and want to offer effective creative writing instruction. Writers and Authors: Writers who wish to share their expertise by teaching creative writing or mentoring emerging writers. Literary Agents and Editors: Professionals in the publishing industry who want to understand the writing process better and provide valuable guidance to their clients. Literature and English Majors: Undergraduate and graduate students majoring in literature or English who want to gain practical teaching experience in creative writing. Writing Enthusiasts: Individuals passionate about writing who want to deepen their understanding of the craft and explore the teaching aspect of creative writing. Career Changers: People looking to transition into a career in education or writing instruction and want to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge. Professional Development Seekers: Professionals in various fields who want to enhance their communication skills and creativity through creative writing. Language Teachers: Teachers of languages other than English who wish to incorporate creative writing into their language instruction to promote language fluency and creativity. The course on creative writing and teaching typically covers a range of topics, including lesson planning, writing exercises, critique and feedback techniques, curriculum development, and the theory of teaching creative writing. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of both the creative writing process and effective teaching strategies to engage learners of all ages and backgrounds.
Hello, and thank you for visiting my page. My name is Ini Baker and I am the founder of Cotswold House of Education, a Wellness academy focusing on personal growth and inner awareness. I am committed to your self-development and personal wellness journey.
It doesn't matter where you are in your life's journey, you will find a course that will suit you when you look through my portfolio.
I started my wellness academy due to my spiritual awakening in 2018. I had been very ill and I felt alone, I thought I would not make it. I also struggled with depression after my divorce and I felt truly alone in the world. To top it all up, I struggled with mild learning difficulties and had to help my son deal with his own neurodiversity. This was a very tough time.
Anyway, the Universe found a way to wake me up and my world changed in an instant. I began to see the world in a different light. I started to read. I read ancient texts and absorbed myself in the words of ancient philosophers, and every day since then has been a world of magic. And I learn every day.
My courses are made up of all I have learned, and these lessons work for me every single time. I hope they will bless your life the way they have blessed mine.
I do hope you learn something from my courses, and if you enjoy any of the courses you enroll in, please spread your kindness by leaving a review. As a working mum, this really helps my work a great deal.
Thank you so much indeed.
Blessings, Love, and Light
Ini Baker xoxo
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
Story Telling Museum - guide
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.