Creative Watercolours Beginners
- watercolour paper, sketch paper, pencil, eraser
- watercolour paints, water pot, clean rag, a board to attach paper to with masking tape
- watercolour brushes - a wash brush, medium and small round brushes
- mixing palette for watercolour paint
- cling film (plastic food wrap) salt flakes, white wax crayon or candle
- good light - either natural or daylight lamp
Have you ever wanted to get more creative with your painting?
This is Module 1 of 3, containing 5 lessons. 1.5 hours of video content plus written instructions and photographs. Allow 2 hours for each lesson!
This first module is designed to give you experience with different types of creative techniques in watercolour painting to develop wonderful special effects. Included are techniques to create texture in your paintings, and a guide to basic colour theory. Deborah will guide you through each session with demonstration videos, written instructions and close up photographs.
The full course was originally created and run by Deborah as a six week painting course in the major towns of Suffolk, UK. It was so successful, she decided to make the course available online too.
- Anyone who wishes to experiment with watercolours.
- Anyone wishing to get really creative with watercolours
- Beginners to intermediate in watercolour painting
- Introduction to Creative Watercolours Module One00:57
- Summer Leafy Tree - using salt14:15
- Guidelines and photographs of Lecture 1 - Summer Leafy Tree4 pages
- Moonrise - Using tone to create depth and atmosphere15:19
- Guidelines and photographs of Lecture 2 - Moonrise4 pages
- Lighthouse & the Sea - using clingfilm and wax resist11:51
- Guidelines and photographes of Lecture 3 - Lighthouse and the Sea4 pages
- Creative Skies - with silhouetted skyline12:03
- Guidelines and photographs of Lecture 4 - Creative Skies4 pages
- Basic Colour Theory - lesson extra11:48
- Conclusion and Review10 questions
"Inspiring Creativity in Art"
I regularly work with people who struggle to get really creative with their painting. My lessons and workshops are fun, inspiring and informative and I enjoy teaching others about the techniques I use in my own artworks. I specialise in creating texture in acrylics and watercolour paintings using different techniques.
I am a British artist living and working in the beautiful county of Suffolk, UK.
My artworks include acrylic, watercolour and mixed media, on canvas, wood and paper, available in contemporary galleries in UK.