Creative Violin, The New Violin Method 1: Lessons 3, 4 and 5
What you'll learn
- This is the follow-up of the course: "Creative Violin, The New Violin Method 1: Basics, Lesson 1-2": Lesson 3, 4 and 5.
- Master combination half notes and quarter notes, and cover "ties", playing 2 or more notes on one bow.
- String changes and the time signature: 3/4. With that the combination of all techniques learned so far with fingers 1 and 2.
- Adding the 3rd finger.
- Improvise with the mastered skills from these lessons. (3 tracks)
- Play along with specially made backing tracks (play-alongs) of each song / exercise / improvisation
- Beginner level, recommended to have completed "Creative Violin, The New Violin Method 1: Basics, Lesson 1-2"
- A good supportive attitude.
- An open mind for different music styles and improvisation.
- Preferably 20-30 minutes a day.
The violin is the most perfect instrument for all thinkable music styles, apart from classical music it has claimed it's place in jazz, pop, rock, country, world music...
Until now there has been no violin method that went beyond classical music.
Creative Violin brings this to a change.
Apart from classical music the student will taste many different styles of music and even learn to improvise, right from the start.
I see that this works very well, even the youngest beginners (6 years old!) learn how to close the book and start playing intuitive, along with the provided studio recorded accompaniments, right from the first lessons.
Creative Violin is a new method which even includes improvisation training right from the start.
What can you expect in this first course?
This course is the follow up on lessons 1 and 2 (basics)
Here we will learn combining quarter notes with eighth notes, ties (playing 2 or more notes on the same bow direction),
3rd finger, improvisation...
Included music in the full course are classical pieces (Bach, Mozart, Dvorak, Bartok...) as well as the jazz/swing (lesson 8), musical, and world music from countries like Ireland and Romania...
All lessons and exercises are accompanied with studio recorded backing tracks, so you'll never have to play alone.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to play the violin by a new method, even learning how to improvise.
- Classical students and those who want to be able to play styles like jazz, country and folk too.
- Students that have completed "Creative Violin, The New Violin Method 1: Basics, Lesson 1-2"
is music embodied, he is a solo artist, music director, composer, arranger and violinist.
Xander performs today on a specially designed electric violin to produce a most distinctive and memorable sound.
He composes his own music and writes and produces extensively for other artists.
Xander was the first to graduate from the Conservatory in the Netherlands with his six-string electric violin, and has continued to perfect his musical abilities every day.
At a young age, Xander found music by playing with a local gypsy group .
That group helped hone his interest in jazz and pop music, which formed the basis for his violin work and his style of music today.
Xander, who works in collaboration with Pro Music Stuidio's (NL) as an arranger for solo artists, pop bands and orchestras, has pre-released his first solo album.
As a teacher:
Xander is the author of the new violin method Creative Violin, which has been released in April 2017.
Based on his many years in violin education the need for a new method resulted in “Creative Violin”, which guides the student through classical music as well as pop, jazz, country and world music, all styles where the violin has claimed a prominent position. Even improvisation on violin finds its way to the student, right from the beginning!