Creative Compositing with PaintShop Pro
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, Students will have gained an intermediate ‘working knowledge’ of Paintshop Pro.
- Enrolled Students will learn how to amalgamate various image sources into one ‘convincing’ composition, by using a variety of techniques to enhance realism and believability. Focus is also given to the necessary thought-processes, involved in creating a successful image, specifically:
- • Gaining the ability to assess the viability of image assets
- • Scaling, composing and positioning image elements for maximum aesthetic balance.
- • Using blending, lighting and colouring techniques to make a cohesive piece.
- • How to apply these ‘taught’ techniques in a commercial capacity.
- In order to take part in the learning exercises, your system will need to meet the following requirements.
- • A Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with the latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
- • Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 or later (multi-core processor recommended)
- • 1.5 GB RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
- • 1 GB of available hard-disk space required (2 GB or greater recommended)
- • 1024 x 768 16-bit color display (24-bit recommended)
- • DirectX 9 or higher
- A basic familiarity with Paint shop Pro is advantageous, although no qualifications, or special talents are required.
This particular course moves quickly and is far from generic in it’s approach.
Students who have a penchant for design and professional aspirations will find it most useful, due to it’s focused and specific nature.
As with all of our courses, there is less ‘talk’ and more ‘do’, each set of lectures is made up, using practical demonstrations that have been designed, so that our Students can work along side the lecturer at a healthy pace.
The main objective here, is to give a sense of ‘what is possible’, opening up a whole host of opportunities.
The course culminates in a ‘live brief scenario’, where students are encouraged to attack a brief, as if they were being paid for their services.
Take this course, if:
- You are looking to expand your knowledge of image editing techniques and PaintShop Pro
- You have professional aspirations within the relevant Industry Sector
- You have a keen interest in creating Artwork and Design
- You like learning with a hands-on approach (the course is practical in nature)
Who this course is for:
- Our course is made with the intention of providing professional know-how, so that our Students can begin making genuine decisions about a potential career pathway within the field of image editing. A basic knowledge of Corel Pawnshop Pro is assumed, although the first section does offer a quick orientation guide for the ‘uninitiated’.
- Do this course, if:
- • You are looking to expand your knowledge of image editing techniques and Paint Shop Pro
- • You have professional aspirations within the relevant Industry Sector
- • You have a keen interest in creating Artwork and Design
- • You like learning with a hands-on approach (the course is practical in nature)
- Do not do this course, if:
- • You have no experience with image editing
- • You have no ambition to further your skills beyond basic image enhancement
Corel has brought a spirit of innovation to the development of a range of award-winning products that includes graphics, painting, photo, video and office software. Over the past 30 years, we've earned a reputation for delivering high-quality products that are easy to learn and use, and help people achieve new levels of productivity. But more than that, we've built a relationship with a community of users—now 100 million strong—who have amazed and delighted us with everything they create using our software. Corel's product line includes CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Painter®, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, PaintShop® Pro, VideoStudio®, WinDVD®, WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.