What you'll learn
- Explain the benefits of creating templates
- Identify the principles of good document design and how to apply them to your template
- Use headers and footers
- Add visual elements to your template such as logos, lines, and text boxes
- Insert sections to apply different page formatting to different parts of your template
- Save your template, use it to create documents, and modify it when changes are needed
- Access to Microsoft Word is recommended
Don’t re-create documents over and over! Learn how to use templates in Word to increase your productivity, save time, and create consistency.
Did you forget to change the footer style? Leave out the company phone number? Insert the correct logo? Wouldn’t it be great if all the needed elements and styles were already placed for you in specific documents?
Creating documents that have a uniform look and adhere to company standards can be challenging and time-consuming. Our expert trainer will teach you how to use the templates feature in Word to do this effortlessly. Learn the basics of effective design and how to use headings, sections, and graphics to produce professional and effective documents. Not only will they stand out, but you’ll be able to use them again and again.
If you want to save time by learning about this simple tool you might have missed—this course is for you.
Topics covered include:
• Creating, saving, and modifying templates
• Identifying the elements of good document design
• Adding visual elements
• Including headers, footers, and sections
High-quality HD content in the “Uniquely Engaging”TM Bigger Brains Teacher-Learner style!
Objectives. You will be able to:
Explain the benefits of creating templates
Identify the principles of good document design and how to apply them to your template
Use headers and footers
Add visual elements to your templates such as logos, lines, and text boxes
Insert sections to apply different page formatting to different parts of your template
Save your template, use it to create documents, and modify it when changes are needed
Who this course is for:
- Business professionals in management and administrative positions who need to create business documents for print and web using Word 2019 or Word 365.
Let's face it, no online training courses are "fun." But some (like Bigger Brains) are engaging and better to spend time on than others!
Bigger Brains courses are built in a unique Teacher/Learner style, featuring two people on camera to recreate some of the interactivity and physiological benefits of classroom training, including dialogue, humor, and practical use case examples. This uniquely engaging video-based format is more enjoyable and, more importantly, more effective than traditional eLearning formats.
Bigger Brains courses are popular with both learners and training professionals around the world. Because we use experienced teachers and subject matter experts with real-world experience, we have the most realistic and comprehensive online training courses possible.
There are also resources to help you learn along with the way. Most Bigger Brains courses include handouts and practice files. Some even include free post-training reinforcement through the BrainBot learning retention app.
Join the hundreds of thousands of learners around the world and upskill, reskill, and stay in the know with Bigger Brains!