Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
What you'll learn
- Utilize the Report Wizard to quickly get a report started
- Format data in tables and matrices
- Add interactive sorting and high-impact visualizations such as pie charts, gauges, and bar graphs
- Build expressions and implement built-in variables
- Create drill-down and drill-through reports
- Maximize report flexibility through the use of parameters
- Combine report objects to create a dashboard
- The content is delivered in a concise, conversational style that emphasizes efficiency in development while empowering you to maximize the functionality and impact of your reports created with SQL Server Reporting Services.
Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services will show you how to develop practical reports that utilize tables and matrices, along with bold objects such as pie charts and gauges that quickly gain the attention of the viewer and deliver your message. With this course, you can acquire the essential skills you need to make an impression on your customers, your audience, or your boss.
About the Author
Dr. Dallas Snider is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at the University of West Florida (UWF). He received his Ph.D. in Integrated Computing and M.S. in Instrumental Sciences from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He received his B.A. in Physics from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas. Before joining UWF, he worked as a Data Warehouse Developer for Northrop Grumman Information Systems, and prior to that as a Database Application Developer for Acxiom and Euronet. Dr. Snider's research and teaching interests include data mining, data warehousing, software development, and security.
Who this course is for:
- Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services is designed for those who have a working knowledge of SQL and who need to deliver business intelligence via impressive, interactive reports. You will need a version of SQL Server 2012 that includes the SQL Server Data Tools. This thorough course requires basic experience with SQL Server and reporting.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.