Creating Print Materials with PaintShop Pro
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, Students will have gained a basic but wide ‘working knowledge’ of Paintshop Pro. Knowledge that will ‘open the door’, to bringing many aspects of design and print within their own power, reducing their need to rely on corporate institutions and other expensive outsourcing.
- Aspects learned in this course are inclusive of, but not limited to:
- • Gaining fundamental working knowledge of Paint Shop Pro
- • Setting up and executing a print job.
- • Evolving corporate material, from concepts to finished pieces.
- • Applying basic design theory to print projects.
- In order to take part in the learning exercises, your system will need to meet the following requirements.
- • A Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with the latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
- • Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 or later (multi-core processor recommended)
- • 1.5 GB RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
- • 1 GB of available hard-disk space required (2 GB or greater recommended)
- • 1024 x 768 16-bit color display (24-bit recommended)
- • DirectX 9 or higher
- • In some cases you will need a printer connected to your work-station
- No experience is required, just a willingness to learn, and most importantly, time that you can afford to commit to bringing print duties in-house.
The course is aimed at SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises), with the sole intention of enabling business professionals to produce their own print material
The focus of learning is shifted from general usage, to a very specific set of requirements
All lectures use and promote; ONLY the tools that are necessary for serving the course’s goals
The Instructor has selected several executions that are common in business, which includes the creation of; Business Cards, to Flyers, To Brochures etc
The course ends with a live scenario, and uses some useful design practices that will help make your company’s brand memorable and noticeable
By the time it’s all over, our Students will be confident in the methods required to execute an idea and ultimately see it through to physical form
Aspects learned in this course are inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Gaining fundamental working knowledge of PaintShop Pro.
- Setting up and executing a print job.
- Evolving corporate material, from concepts to finished pieces.
- Applying basic design theory to print projects.
Who this course is for:
- Do this course, if:
- • You are committing too much of your budget to ‘outsourced printing’
- • You have a willingness to learn aspects of design-craft along the way
- Do not do this course, if:
- • Your business is not dependent on printed material
- • You have a non-commercial interest in print and production
Corel has brought a spirit of innovation to the development of a range of award-winning products that includes graphics, painting, photo, video and office software. Over the past 30 years, we've earned a reputation for delivering high-quality products that are easy to learn and use, and help people achieve new levels of productivity. But more than that, we've built a relationship with a community of users—now 100 million strong—who have amazed and delighted us with everything they create using our software. Corel's product line includes CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Painter®, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, PaintShop® Pro, VideoStudio®, WinDVD®, WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.