Creating Exciting Videos Using PowerPoint Slides
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to use PowerPoint to create JPEG files
- How to record and edit narration in Audacity
- How to combine the JPEG files and narration to create a video
- How to enhance the video with slide transitions
- How to add music to your narration
- How to add a title sequence to your video
- How to make your bullet points appear one-at-a-time
- How to add moving pointers to your videos
- How to play one video inside another video
- How to add closed captioning to your videos
- Audacity (free, open-source software)
- Good quality directional microphone
In this course, you will learn how to take PowerPoint slides and turn them into exciting videos, complete with narration.
The course starts by discussing the hardware and software you need. Then, it covers everything you need to know to create PowerPoint slides that work well for video. Then, it covers how to record and edit your narration in a free software package called Audacity. Finally, it shows you how to pull it together into a video using Camtasia.
In the advanced section, you learn how to...
- Add transitions between slides
- Add a musical background to your narration
- Create an exciting title sequence
- Make your bullet and numbered lists appear one-at-a-time
- Add moving pointers to your videos
- Show one video inside another video
- Add closed captioning
The course is a series of about 30 short videos, all created using the techniques in this course. Completing the full course will take about 2.5 hours.
- Teachers wanting to create videos for online courses
- Professors wanting to create videos for online courses
- Politicians wanting to create videos to engage their voters
- Corporate employees who need to create training videos
- Anyone else needing a quick-and-easy way to create narrated videos
This video provides a brief overview of the Introduction section. The Introduction section describes the approach to creating PowerPoint videos as well as the hardware and software that are required.
The video describes three approaches to creating videos from PowerPoint slide decks along with the advantages and disadvantages of each. As part of this presentation, the video explains which of these three approaches will be used in this course.
This video describes the software you will need to create videos from a PowerPoint deck. Since some of this software is free, open-source software, the video also points out safe locations to download the software.
This video describes the non-microphone hardware you will need to create videos from PowerPoint presentations. Microphones are covered in the next video.
You have seen how to use PowerPoint to create JPG versions of your slides. You have seen how to use Audacity to create excellent quality narration. You have also had a tour of the features of Camtasia. Now, we will see how to pull it all together into a finished video using Camtasia.
Once you have finished this tutorial, you will know everything you need to know to build powerful, polished videos. However, stay tuned. Later tutorials will show you how to make those videos look even better.
In a much earlier tutorial, we learned how to clean up audio narration
for use in making our videos. You might recall that we used Audacity for
this. You can, of course, use the same approach to edit audio for a
podcast. This audio podcast will introduce this topic. Podcasts are not
the focus of this course so I do not cover them in detail but this
tutorial will give you enough information to quickly start producing
podcasts if that is something you need to do.