Creating Comics In Procreate For iPad
What you'll learn
- tools for creating traditional comics in Procreate
- various strategies for implementing hand drawn word balloons and panels so your comics feel organic
- ways to speed up the comics creation process through digital means
- how to use the tools inherent in Procreate to achieve the kind of expressive art style desired
- Procreate on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil
Welcome to Creating Comics In Procreate! In this class we take our iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and turn it into a cartoonist's studio using the amazing tools inherent in the app Procreate. You'll see a variety of methods to build panels for your comics pages, apply effects to your line art to pump up the storytelling, do hand-drawn letters in custom word balloons, and so much more. See you in class!
Who this course is for:
- traditional cartoonists and illustrators looking to jump into digital
- anyone wanting new ideas on what to do in Procreate
- beginning cartoonists
David was born in 1977 in Omaha, NE. He graduated with his BFA in Photography from Arizona State University in 2006, creating portrait series that reflected both the hyperkinetic films, games and comics of the 1980s and 1990s, as well as more humanist documentary work with Indigenous communities in America and Australia.
After ASU he became a teaching artist as well as exhibing around the Southwest/ West Coast and been published in numerous magazines such as Orion, View Camera, B+W/ Color, and others. In 2014 he was named as one of the top 100 Creatives of Arizona by New Times Magazine. He currently lives in Chandler with wife Vesna and 2 children, Patrick and Magdalena.