Creating Bespoke Data Visualisations in Tableau
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Creating Bespoke (Custom) Data Visulisations
- Bespoke Data Visualisation Design
- Intermediate / Advanced Tableau Concepts
- How to use Table Calculations in Tableau
- Data Densification Techniques in Tableau
- Drawing using Polygons
- How to take your Data Visualisations to the Next Level
- Tableau Desktop / Tableau Public Installed
- 6-12 Months of Tableau Desktop Experience
- Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet software)
- An Understanding of Tableau Desktop / Tableau Public
Tableau Desktop is often referred to as the Gold Standard for Data Visualization, Data Discovery and Self-Service Data Analytics, and caters for all users from IT Practitioners, to Data Scientists, to Data Consumers. In this course, we are going to push the limits of what we can show in Tableau by creating Bespoke (Custom) Data Visualizations, and more importantly, learn the techniques required, push our boundaries, and stretch our imagination.
- Tableau Enthusiasts who want to push boundaries
- Tableau Rockstars who want to have fun
Hello, my name is Toan Hoang, and I am going to be your instructor for this course on Creating Bespoke Data Visualisations in Tableau. So let me introduce myself.
Let us start by understanding the objectives in this course, the various sections and how to optimise your learning. More importantly, you will get to know a little more about your instructor and the reason for this courses existence.
This course is not just about creating cool things; although you will create some awesome stuff. However, it is about going through the process of learning various techniques, and to be able to apply them to your own creativity.
In this lecture, we are going to look at Table Calculations and the INDEX() Function. When creating Bespoke Data Visualisations, this is perhaps the single most important function to know as it will be key to our calculations. There are very few Dashboards that I have built that does not feature this versatile Table Calculation.
In this video, we will be creating a Radial Bar Chart in Tableau. We will be using Data Densification and leveraging various Table Calculations in our bespoke data visualisation.
Now that we have our Sunburst completed, we will look into adding our final touches and work on additional cosmetics to ensure that we have a very nice look at feel to our bespoke data visualisation.