Creating and Publishing Your Children's Book
What you'll learn
- Discover how to get your Children's Book finished and in front of the right people.
- This class covers everything from developing your ideas to getting your completed book to agents and publishers.
- You'll understand how to come up with ideas and compelling characters and you'll learn how to work with an illustrator.
- Create a Children's Book Proposal and One Sheet that will catch the eye of an agent or editor
- Students will need access to the internet or an iPhone to connect with this class.
Discover how you can put together an amazing Children's Book and learn ways to get it in front of agents and publishers. If you're a writer, illustrator or designer this course will give you tips, resources and helpful suggestions that will give you new confidence in your work and book presentation. There are 23 classes that run from five to eleven minutes long, you can watch one a day or binge watch them all at once which would take about two hours. The course is simple and conversational and can benefit anyone who dreams of writing a Children's Book and getting it published.
Who this course is for:
- This class is designed for anyone who's wanted to publish a book for children and who would like to learn about the business of Children's publishing. Beginners and published authors alike will benefit from the helpful tips, suggestions and guidelines that this class presents.
Sandy Silverthorne has been writing and illustrating books since 1988 and currently has over 600,000 copies in print. His award-winning Great Bible Adventure children's series with Harvest House has sold over 170,000 copies and has been distributed in eight languages worldwide. He's written and illustrated over thirty books and has worked with such diverse clients as Universal Studios Tour, Doubleday Publishers, Zondervan, Penguin Publishing, The Charlotte Hornets and The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. He has a series with Standard Publishing- Surviving Middle School and his most recent series- One Minute Mysteries has already sold over 240,000 copies. Sandy has a kid-friendly off the wall style that appeals to children and adults alike.