Creating and Managing Azure Virtual Machines with PowerShell
What you'll learn
- Install PowerShellGet and Other Azure PS Prerequisites
- Install Azure PowerShell Module
- Connect to Azure via PowerShell
- Create and Connect to an Azure Virtual Machine
- Identify VM Images on the Marketplace
- View and Use Specific VM Sizes
- Resize a Virtual Machine
- View and Understand VM States
- Manage Virtual Machines with PowerShell
- Provision and Attach Data Disks to a VM
- Create OS Disk Snapshots
- Create Disks from Snapshots
- Deploy New VMs from Snapshots
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Basic Understanding of How to Launch PowerShell
Azure virtual machines provide a fully configurable and flexible computing environment. This course will teach you how to perform the most common day-to-day tasks in Azure PowerShell, including:
- Installing and Configuring PowerShellGet
- Installing and Configuring the AzureRM PowerShell Module
- Connecting to Azure with PowerShell
- Creating Resource Groups with PowerShell
- Deploying Virtual Machines Using PowerShell
- Connecting to Virtual Machines Using PowerShell
- Creating and Attaching Data Disks with PowerShell
- Locating New VM Images with PowerShell
- Deploying VMs from Alternate Images Using PowerShell
- Working with Marketplace Publishers
- Resizing a Virtual Machine via PowerShell
- Viewing and Modifying VM States with PowerShell
- Managing Virtual Machines with PowerShell
- Deleting VMs and Resource Groups with PowerShell
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to perform many day-to-day VM management tasks using PowerShell exclusively. The skills you learn in this course will set you apart from many other IT professionals - since most IT professionals avoid PowerShell like the plague.
Who this course is for:
- IT Professionals Interested in Learning Real-World Azure PowerShell Skills
Tom Mitchell is a 25+ year veteran of the IT Industry. After spending the last two decades as a Senior Engineer and Solutions Architect for several organizations, including national, international, and global enterprises, Tom now focuses on teaching and providing freelance IT consulting and solution design services for organizations around the world.
Tom's specialties include Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and Messaging (Exchange & Exchange Online).
Tom is the founder of labITout, is the author of The Azure PowerShell Quick Start Guide, and he has trained over 100,000 students in over 200 countries.
Click the LinkedIn button over there on the left to connect with him. Better yet, enroll in one of his courses today!
labITout is a new way to sharpen your IT skillset while making your day-to-day job as an IT professional easier. We teach you how to deploy specific IT solutions, while providing you with deployment documentation that you can use to streamline your projects.
The mission of labITout is to help IT professionals learn new skills while reducing IT project deployment timelines and improving deployment results for organizations through expert-level tutorials, video labs, and complete ready-made project documentation.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Instead of offering garden variety IT courses, labITout offers real-world guidance for engineers and organizations that are implementing solutions. We offer complete, step-by-step deployment tutorials, along with complete project documentation that isn’t available anywhere else.