Vegetable Gardening: How to Grow Healthy, Fresh Food at Home
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Grow delicious and healthy vegetables in any size garden. Garden design, soil preparation, plant selection, pest and disease control, and harvesting are covered step by step and in detail. Includes Master Gardener Tips useful for both beginning and more advanced gardeners.
- The course requires no materials or previous knowledge. Materials and tools needed to plant a garden will be described in the course.
This is a step by step course that takes you through the process of creating an edible garden for any size garden: apartment or condominium balconies or patios, small or large backyards, or a plot in a community garden.
The course provides specific strategies for:
- Designing your garden
- Plant selection and installation
- Soil preparation and feritlizer use
- Pest and disease control
- Harvest and storage
- Container gardening
- Raised bed gardens
- Fruit trees and berries
- Organic gardening practices
In addition, supplemental materials are provided:
- Downloadable pdf handouts
- Links to 'how to' videos
- Links to websites supplying additional in depth information.
The approximately 3 hour course consists of 37 lectures each on a specific topic to facilitate ease of finding information.
The lectures are grouped into 8 sections: Introduction, Let's Get Started, Garden Design and Planning, Soil Preparation, Choosing Plants, Planting, Maintenance, and Harvest.
Upon completing the course you will be able to:
- Experience the joy of growing and eating delicious food that you grew yourself.
- Have the knowledge to grow food in a healthy and safe manner.
- Have a productive and bountiful fruit and veggie garden right outside your kitchen door!
- This course is for new gardeners who need to know the detailed steps to creating an edible garden. It is also for experienced gardeners who want to expand their knowledge of soil, plant selection, pest and disease control. Gardeners of all skill levels will benefit from the 'Master Gardener Tips' and resources including printable handouts and links to 'how to' videos.
Welcome! This lecture will review the goals of the course as well as its structure, content, and resources.
Teena Spindler, a Master Gardener in Orange County, California, has a lifelong passion for gardening which she shares through how-to gardening videos for a national gardening products company, newspaper and gardening blog articles, public speaking, and creating teaching gardens and gardening classes for the public.
Let's start by talking about what, why and how to get started on your Edible Garden!
This lecture reviews the tools, supplies, and informational resources you need to get started on your Edible Garden.
Edible gardens provide fresh, healthy fruits and veggies throughout your growing season and can be as small as a single pot on a balcony or as large as you want. This lecture discusses a variety of options for creating your edible garden.