Creating an animated greeting card via Google Slides
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- create by themselves a dynamic greeting card that can be used as it is or act as a template for variations
- bring a smile to the recipient by personalising the card and the message
- apply a variety of transitions to a Google slide, such as making objects transparent, flying artwork in from the side or from top
- create an extra canvas to use as a content holder for preparing and animating the work afterwards
- finally apply all the dynamic transitions to the final work
- share the card by sharing a link through email or embedding code onto their website
- use the same skills to create custom cards to any purpose, such as congratultion cards, thank you cards, valentine cards, celebrating a birth
- Students need to have either a Gmail account or a Google Apps account. It will be helpful if they use the Chrome browser (not mandatory, but it works best).
- During the course, students will learn how to create a folder in their Google Drive, and how to access the image resources that will be prepared for them. They will also learn their way around Google Slides.
- Students will be taught how to resize and manipulate an image, and also they will learn a variety of textual effects, including text animation.
- The instructor will share his folder, so that every student will have access to the same resources, but students are free to try to create variations, and these can be shared with the instructor or with the other students.
This course is both creative and practical. The instructor will take you through the simple practical steps to access his shared folder of image resources, and then guide you - step-by-step - through the creation of a wonderful festive greetings card demonstrating transparency, movable text, movable objects and may other exciting features - all using Google Slide transitions available for free to any user. The clear and practical guidance will ensure an effective outcome.
The skills acquired will allow you to create many useful card variations and also to incorporate animated transitions into your slide shows.
- The course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to create dynamic transitions on Google slides.
- Basic computer skills are required.
In this lecture you will meet your instructor, Johan Claeys, who will take you through the way that the course will work, and show you where you can find the extra resources, make notes and ask questions.
In this lecture, you will create your greeting card with slides. Experiment with backdrops, background colours and choose what fits. Then you will add the other relevant images from the folder, ready for the next step.