14 top teaching and learning strategies
What you'll learn
- Discover a range of activities and strategies to increase student engagement in your classroom
- Engage with the latest classroom pedagogy from the UK
- Benefit from my 9 years experience teaching in the UK
- Apply what you learn in your own classroom - straight away!
- This course is accessible to anyone interested in or already involved in education
- There are no requirements for additional software
- The course contains ideas and strategies that can be applied in the classroom with little or no additional support/resources
This is a course designed for global teachers searching for tried and tested ways to engage their students in learning. The course contains 14 lectures containing step by step instructions for a variety of teaching and learning strategies that have been proven to impact on student progress and outcomes. They can be implemented easily across a range of different subject areas. The activities are easy to plan and resource and many come with downloadable templates to save you time.
As a teacher with more than 8 years teaching experience in the UK, I am passionate about sharing some of the best practice I have seen and experimented with myself in the classroom.
If you are an educator who is looking to take control of your own professional development and innovate in the classroom, then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for any teacher of any experience level who is looking for new teaching and learning ideas
- The course contains activities that can support your own classroom and behaviour management
I'm Tom Rogers, a passionate and experienced educator from the UK.
I started my professional teaching career as a High School teacher in 2007 and went on to become a Head of Department in 2013. In September 2016, I took up the role of Head of History at O Castro British International School in Vigo, Spain. In January 2019, I became an assistant headteacher for teaching and learning. I'm now back in the UK.
I have founded, organised and co-hosted #TMHistoryIcons, the only national TeachMeet for History teachers in the UK. Its inaugural meeting took place in March 2016 in Chester and was attended by more than 100 teachers. The second event took place in April 2017, the third in April 2018 and the latest in April 2019. The "teachmeet icons" franchise has now expanded to include Maths, English, Science and Geography strands, becoming one of the most significant grassroots teacher movements in the UK.
I currently write a column for the TES, the largest educational publication in the UK.
I am the director of RogersHistory, an online educational platform which was used by more than 100 schools and 1000 students in the last academic year. My youtube channel supports students to achieve their academic goals and has accrued 100,000 views. I am followed by more than 30,000 educators (and others) on twitter.
I try to bring my passion for teaching and learning into all my Udemy courses. The way in which my courses are planned reflects my current professional role and subject expertise.