Creating A Chip-8 Emulator In C
- 5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to create an emulator for the Chip-8 machine
- Knowledge of how instruction sets work
- Understanding of how machines work
- You must be confident in the C programming language
- You must understand hexadecimal
- You must understand bitwise operators and bit shifting
In this fantastic course you will learn how to create your very own emulator for the Chip-8 in the C programming language. The Chip-8 is a virtual machine from the mid 1970s designed to make game development easier.
This course is great for anyone who has programming experience and would love to create an emulator but just does not know where to start or has attempted to do it but ran into problems
You are taken through every step of emulator creation, throughout this course we start by setting up our project, then we start writing code to emulate the display and keyboard from the era. We soon move to simulating the entire Chip-8 instruction set.
After you complete this course you will have a fully functioning Chip-8 emulator that can run space invaders, pong and many other classic games.
- People interested in how to create an emulator