Creating a beat & Composing Music in Pro Tools
What you'll learn
- Setup a Pro Tools session
- Record MIDI & audio into the Pro Tools workspace
- Setup tempo changes and arrange MIDI notes to sync with the tempo
- Import audio samples to arrange within a mix
- Use the Grid feature in Pro Tools with confidence
- Create custom samples and trigger them with MIDI
- Add effects to the samples and sounds being generated by Pro Tools
- A minimal understanding of MIDI and what it does in music production
- Familiarity with the Pro Tools workspace
- How to connect a USB keyboard to a computer
- How to connect an external hard drive or install an internal hard drive in a computer
Welcome to creating a instrumental beat or musical score from scratch within the Pro Tools DAW. This course will cover everything you need to know from start to finish for composing music with MIDI and analog samples within the Pro Tools work space. We'll start with the session setup and how to organize your tracks to create a template. This will allow you to quickly and easily create new compositions regularly to keep your creative ideas flowing.
At the start of this course, we're going to cover some essential basics that are fundamental in your workflow production. You may already be aware of these crucial steps to production, but just in case you missed something, I'm going to review how to optimize your system for a professional workflow in Pro Tools.
This course is perfect for anyone interested in learning how to use digital software to compose music. We'll take a look at the stock plugins that come with Pro Tools and then explore some 3rd party plugins that you can add to your system if you need to expand your sound library. You'll be able to customize your sounds and learn the basics for creating an engaging mix.
Finally, I'll give you some advice on how to distribute and market your music so that you can turn your passion into a source of income. I look forward to sharing this course with you and I welcome any questions you may have about the lectures.
Who this course is for:
- Perfect for any student that wants to learn how to create custom beats in Pro Tools.
- Composers looking to add Pro Tools compositions to their portfolio
At Shine On Studio, we like to work a little differently than the traditional idea
behind a recording studio. Our engineers are engaged in your project to inspire and fuel the creative process. The focus of the studio is to produce quality recordings that will last the test of time and be cherished by all the generations to follow. We're invested in your music and we consider ourselves a member of the band.
Audio production is a creative and musical process that I pour my heart into with every project. I use the recorded audio to sculpt and shape the sound into a unique experience for the listener. Our skills are vital to your sound and we want to be just as proud of the production as you do.