Create Your Own Hosted Professional Forum in 35 minutes!
- 35 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to setup your own hosted forum
- Being able to maintain and run your forum
- Create various categories that will effectively allow you to divide your contents
- Your own domain where the forum will be "sitting" on
- FTP Client Software (e.g. FileZilla)
- A Linux hosting plan (shared, VPS or Dedicated Server) with cPanel
This course is for those who want to create their own professional looking forum. Sure there are many options out there, but I will show you one of the cheapest ways that you can do it without compromising nor on the functionality but also on the design of your forum.
You have all sorts of companies that charge you tons of money for setting it up, hosting it, maintaining it, etc., but with some knowledge you can do this on your own without the need of coding, or getting too much into the technical aspect.
Your forum will run like any other professional forums and offer functionalities such as:
- User registration and management.
- Posting of categories and different forums.
- Managing posts and moderating them in case needed.
- Notification system.
- Spam protection.
- ...and many more!
We will start from scratch and I will assume that you have no or limited knowledge in technology, hosting, etc. You do not need to know HTML, PHP or anything else since the solution that I will show you is pretty "plug-n-play".
Once your forum is live, you will then be able to release it to the public so that they can start using it. You can also add other moderators if you wish, that will be able to moderate posts, delete, etc.
The course takes place in 3 sections and I have made it as comprehensive as possible so that in a few minutes (or maximum a couple of hours) you can do exactly what I showed you and start your forum!
Since this is going to be your own hosted blog, you will need to have a server available and preferably a virtual dedicated one, however this can also work on a shared hosting environment. It all depends on your traffic and requirements, but I will assume that you have the basic one, which is a shared hosting environment.
So let's start the course!
- People who have a basic understanding of website hosting
- People who want to spend the minimal for owning and managing their forum
- People who are not happy with paying third parties for hosting or managing their forum