Cosmetic Entrepreneurship: Create Your Own Skincare Products
What you'll learn
- Methods of product conception— how to ideate new products or improve upon existing product ideas
- Gain insider knowledge of the various manufacturing options to produce your product idea
- Learn WHERE to sell your products to build initial revenue & brand awareness
- Learn how to validate your product idea
- Perform market research to determine your competitive advantage & profitability
- Establish the essentials needed for successful branding
- Understand business structure options for your company
- Obtaining proper product & business insurance
- Learn how to work with manufacturers— what questions to ask, what certifications to look for, who to avoid
- How to properly conduct safety testing of your product
- Understand packaging & labeling regulations for FDA compliance
- Learn how to work with suppliers— what questions to ask, what certifications to look for, who to avoid
- Sourcing and building a reliable supply chain
- Learn how to calculate COGS
- Learn pricing strategies for long-term profitabilty
- Understand dynamic marketing strategies for your growing business
- Discover profitable retail & wholesale distribution channels
- Learn successful strategies to get your great product on store shelves
- Identify scams & pitfalls to avoid as a start-up brand
- A great cosmetic, skin care, hair care, or personal care product idea
- A serious commitment to entrepreneurship
Do you have an idea to make a great skin care, hair care, or personal care product, but aren't sure where to start? Are you already making great homemade products, but want to elevate to store shelves? Are you serious about entrepreneurship and being a successful brand founder? Then this course is for you! Learn from someone who has done it before.
Nathan Townsie, Founder and Product Developer of Nature Loves You Skincare™, is your Masterclass Coach. On a schoolteacher's salary, Nathan successfully launched 9 proprietary organic products, reached over 6-figures in sales, and is currently retailing in over 175+ stores throughout the U.S. & Canada. He was a finalist for QVC's The Big Find Pitch Competition & a semi-finalist for Shark Tank Dallas. And now he's breaking down the steps... for you!
This course will teach you the process of developing your idea into a professional retail product, and the business of launching into retail. The course combines practical business lessons and step-by-step methodology, with helpful worksheets and resources.
You will gain competence and the confidence by learning: industry terminology, ideating an in-demand product, how to brand your business, selecting the right business structure, efficient prototyping methods, calculating your manufacturing costs, discovering profitable pricing strategies, ways to market your product, proven avenues of retail success, and ways to avoid common (but costly) mistakes.
About the Course:
10 Modules – Our Step-by-Step methodology will guide you every step of the way: from idea to product to sales
An Action-Based Program – Our course combines your idea and entrepreneurial spirit with valuable instructive directives.
Transformative Modules – Our guided lessons will show you exactly how to develop your product and establish your brand.
Preparation for Success – We will prepare you for retail success, sales opportunities, and brand growth.
You will Receive:
4.5+ Hours of Instruction
Over 60 pages of Valuable Resources
Access to an Exclusive Sales Guide for initial sales growth
Ready to build your empire and launch your brand? Let’s go!
Who this course is for:
- Budding entrepreneurs who want to manufacture a beauty or wellness product for retail sale
- Aspiring brand founders who need detailed, step-by-step guidance to develop their idea into a retail-ready product on store shelves.
- Future founders who have an idea for a great cosmetic product, but aren't sure where to start.
- Anyone making great homemade products and are serious about developing your idea to sell in stores
- Those who have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to own their own brand
- Anyone who is serious about manufacturing their cosmetic, hair care, or personal care idea
Nathan Townsie is a product developer, expert teacher, and founder of Nature Loves You Skincare ™. As brand founder, he has successfully launched 9 proprietary organic products, reached over 6-figures in sales, and is currently retailing in over 175+ stores throughout the U.S. & Canada. He was a finalist for QVC's The Big Find Pitch Competition & a semi-finalist for Shark Tank Dallas, in addition to having over 18+ years of award-winning instruction in public education.
Nathan's interest in organic formulations began when he struggled with finding non-toxic products for his family's diverse skincare needs, such as severe eczema, acne, & razor bumps. Frustrated with the synthetic chemicals of traditional brands, he created a brand that focused on natural, effective ingredients that were safe for his family & the environment.
His life-long love of teaching motivates him to help aspiring entrepreneurs reach their dreams. Nathan hosts several annual workshops and teaches future brand founders how to bring their ideas to life, and business strategies to get their products in high-margin retail outlets.