Complete Guide: Create Your Custom At Home Filming Setup
What you'll learn
- You will have a step-by-step process to brainstorm, plan, create, and upgrade your at home filming space from scratch!
- Optimize the layout of your space to fit your personality and filming setup as efficiently as possible!
- Choose the absolute best video production equipment for your personal video style and filming budget!
- Create cinematic lighting in your scene using professional techniques with virtually any lighting setup!
- Record professional sounding audio using the correct audio recording techniques and settings!
- Create higher production value and develop the confidence to use the manual settings on your equipment!
- Use framing, composition, depth of field, focal length, aperture and background props to create more engaging content!
- Impress your viewers, audience, and/or clients with a completely pro looking and sounding video setup!
- Be ready to use this course's fun and easy to follow steps to create your new filming space!
Do you want to have your own amazing looking and sounding filming space at home?
Are you wanting to make more professional, unique, memorable, engaging, and impressive videos?
Perfect! You've made it to the right video production course!
By the end of this course, you'll create your upgraded video creating setup using these main steps:
1. Gather Inspiration, Plan & Create Your Concept ✅
To begin, we first find inspiration by discovering unique filming spaces from other successful video creators. After identifying what it is about these spaces that inspires you, we create a one-of-a-kind studio concept that fits the videos you create and matches your personality!
• Develop in-depth understanding of the most effective studio creation process
• Bring together and synthesis your top 3 filming space inspirations
• Choose the ideal room in your house to renovate into your filming space
• Strategize and develop an awesome concept that suites your ideal setup
• Creatively combine your inspiration with the location that you're working with
2. Choose + Maximize Your Audio & Videography Gear ✅
Whatever your budget is and whatever amount of money you're working with, I've got you covered! In this chapter, I walk you through the in's and out's of the best lighting, cameras, and audio recording equipment.
• Learn the difference between the most popular gear and how to choose the right equipment for you
• Understand the type of video camera and lenses that suits your specific needs
• Discover which microphone type and brand is perfect for your setup
• Get the most cinematic lighting setup that fits your aesthetic style and price point
• Upgrade the props, backdrop, practical & design items in your space
3. Build Your Filming Space & Setup Your Equipment ✅
Now that you have all of your gear and filming space ready to go, here's where we start to build your new studio! These hands-on lessons will give you the exact step by step process to DIY your stunning film setup anywhere at your house.
• Film initial test shots, dial in your framing, and create great looking composition
• Properly compose your primary and secondary set design items in your frame
• Paint and style your space in a unique way that catches your viewers eye
• Get that "cinematic look" using the most effective videography and lighting techniques
• Use professional filmmaking tips to improve the sound quality and dynamics of your space
4. Upgrade Your Lighting, Cinematography & Camera Settings ✅
You've worked alongside me to massively upgrade and improve your filming space. Now it's time to fully incorporate the upgraded videography techniques that all the pro's on professional filmmaking sets use.
• Get the most dynamic exposure using lighting intensity and proper camera settings
• Learn how to get the most out of your camera's settings and sensor without pushing it to far
• Dial in the perfect aperture, focal length, and visual fine tuning for your set's aesthetic
• Effectively use advanced composition and lighting techniques like a pro videographer
• Bonus techniques to add that extra special sauce to your unique filming space
5. Course Bonuses and Progressing Beyond These Lessons ✅
You've made it! We worked together to build your custom filming space and then in this last step, we combine the whole process into your very own amazing looking and sounding final product. Now it's time for you to start shooting the videos that you love!
• Synthesize, recap, and review all of the most important information learned in the course
• Integrate the tools and know how to continue to improve after graduating this course
• Accept my creative challenge to start your new series or project
• Special student bonuses for completing the course
My biggest goal for you:
The goal of this course is to give you all the knowledge and techniques that I've gained from years of trial and error creating some not so great filming spaces and some amazing filming spaces!
Creating a successful space no matter what:
Whether you're shooting Instagram videos, YouTube videos, videos for professional clients, personal projects, on a smartphone or camera... The actionable takeaways from this course will benefit you regardless of your equipment or budget.
You'll have lifetime access to:
• 38 Individual video lessons
• 3 Hours of learning content
• 11 Downloadable resources
• 3 Detailed case studies
• 4 Course Articles
• 12 Actionable steps
• 30 Gigabytes of streamable content
• Updates to all future course materials
• One on one with me in the Q&A section
If you want to create an amazing looking and sounding filming space that you're proud of, this is the course for you.
I'll see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- YouTubers, Instagramers, Tik Tokers, Videographers, Aspiring Filmmakers, Online Content Creators, Artists and Photographers.
- People that have been wanting to create an incredible filming space from home but haven't known how or where to start.
"I'm a full-time film director & best selling instructor who teaches aspiring video creators how to create incredible videos.”
As a young kid I'd listen to music with my headphones on full blast, imagining scenes and stories that fit together perfectly with all the sounds I was hearing. I then quickly found my life's passion, creating films that engage the visual and auditory senses in ways that move people.
Today, this passion has led me to continue to create these engaging videos and films, but on a much larger scale. I now teach filmmaking to my growing community of 145,000+ students in over 130+ countries around the world.
In these online courses which are translated in over 60+ languages, I share everything I know about:
○ Direct, film, and edit like a (boss) talented professional.
○ Turn your passion into a career, aka make money doing what you love.
○ Express yourself and create videos you're proud to share with the world.