Create Your Business Website Without Code (With Squarespace)
What you'll learn
- Know how to think like a web designer using the basic best practices
- Clarify your design preferences/basic branding and curate your content
- Apply those best practices to create an attractive new website
- Students won't need any design experience, technical expertise, or even need to know what kind of website they want (nor have any content previously created). This is a fully end-to-end course.
In this course, you will follow along as I work live with a real client side-by-side to launch her business website entirely from scratch - so that you can use that same exact process to create your own website.
To see the final product of what we created live in the class to set expectations for what you can build on your own by following along, view the free preview video titled "Website build: recap" under the "Building out the website (shown side-by-side with my client)" under the curriculum section closer to the bottom of this page.
You want to save potentially thousands of dollars by just doing it yourself. You just want something simple to make you look more professional.
But where do you even get started / what happens when you get stuck? Creating a website is hard!
This course is for you.
This course is designed to help you walk away with an attractive 4-5 page brochure website (which includes a contact form) - no artistic / technical ability needed.
We will be using the Squarespace platform, which is the most turnkey and user-friendly DIY website creation platform.
My class is very different in two big ways:
- Rather than simply showing you how to do things (e.g. how to add text, pictures, a form, etc.) - much of the course is designed to teach you my framework to help you learn the basics of thinking like a web designer and helping you envision your perfect website. That seems to be where most people struggle with.
- After I walk through the educational portion, I will work side-by-side with Emilie, a client of mine who is starting a business herself.
I look forward to having you in the class so you can launch your website ASAP!
Who this course is for:
- This business web design course is meant primarily for solo entrepreneurs, small business owners, and side hustlers that know they need a simple brochure website to boost credibility, but know that it's likely impractical to spend thousands of dollars and a significant amount of time to hire someone for a website.
- This course is not designed for eCommerce, websites that require a heavy amount of customization, or websites involving heavy development (e.g. creating a web application, such as Facebook).
Jared Gold is the founder of WebsiteByTonight, where he collaborates with clients via screenshare to launch their websites in a matter of hours. Jared is featured on Squarespace's website as an expert on the platform.