Create WordPress Website 2018 with SEO & HTTPS
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Knowledge to maintain your own WordPress website
- Create a professional business WordPress website with 0 coding confidently
- Build an attractive & SEO-optimized business website
- Build a secure HTTPS WP website with a single click
- Understanding internal and external Search Engine Optimization in Depth for a new website
- Have a place to go to practice what steps to build a WordPress website
- You have a will to create WordPress website that will benefit you for a long term
- You have patience
- You have budget to get solid domain, and web host
- You have a budget to purchase a premium theme
Create WordPress website 2018 today, with this step-by-step video. We will build a WordPress website with latest 2018 version of WordPress when this video was created.
Google, as the biggest Search Engine at the moment, published the news on February 2018, starting from July 2018, the new release of Chrome 68 browser, that this browser will mark ALL non-HTTPS websites as "Not Secure" for your visitors. Just type "A secure web is here to stay" on Google, and you will be able to find and read that news. Who would want to make your visitors feel unsure visiting your website?
That is the reason why I encourage you to build your website to have HTTPS from the beginning rather than building your website on HTTP, and eventually you will want to have the HTTPS version later on. Converting HTTP to HTTPS while the website has been running cost so much time, efforts and complicated for beginners. Why wouldn't we want to save our times, efforts, and headache?
Even if you can't code, (I can't code myself) I will show you detailed steps that you will be CONFIDENTLY create WordPress website 2018 version that features:
HTTPS secure badge. Insecure version HTTP WordPress website is yesterday, let's move on to "Secure" HTTPS version of websites.
Sticky menu header on all devices. Sticky menu header on mobile will increase your visitor's experience.
Testimonials and portfolios to attract your potential clients.
Schema-optimized business profile.
Internal & External SEO steps.
Let's get started! I am so excited to help you to create WordPress website 2018 version!.
- WordPress self-hosted users
- Anyone who wants to use a premium theme to have a premium-look business website
- Anyone who wants to create a business WordPress website step by step for long-term benefits
- Anyone who wants their visitors to have secure HTTPS connection with their WordPress websites
WordPres.org CMS software which is also called Self-hosted WordPress enable user to create a WordPress website, here is the short outline what we need to setup a WP website.
Before you start the course, you need to understand that we use WordPress.org and not WordPress.com in this course.
WordPress.com (Free plan)
Your website address will be: youraddress.wordpress.com
WordPress.com (Not-Free Plan)
You can have a custom domain, but you need to pay, but you still cannot install plugins
For business plan, you can have a custom domain, install plugins and themes, but some plugins are not allowed to install
If you violate their terms, your website will likely to be terminated
Custom website address: you choose your website address, in this course, my site address is kimwphosting.com
You can install plugins and have full control
If you have any questions regarding this summary, please don't be hesitated to ask your question, thank you.
Due to constant updates of WordPress core and plugin versions, if you are really beginning to learn WordPress and want to follow this course with the exact appearance and features of WordPress and the plugin that is used in this course, you may want to install the version of the files accordingly.
By installing the older version of WP and plugin, you can follow the exact steps shown in the videos, and we will eventually update our website once we built the whole website. So at the end of the course, you will be able to have a WordPress website that has the most recent core files and updates. You may ask, "why wouldn't we use the recent files of WP from the beginning?". The answer is, it does not matter with what version you built your website with, if you will eventually update your site, this will not give any effects to your site.
It is a common mistake that a beginner of WordPress will do, registering the domain name with the web host. In this video, we will register a domain name separately from any web hosts, so you have a full control of your domain name, which is very important, especially if your domain name is your brand, literally your identity on the internet.
Now that we have our domain name, we need to use it together with a web host so that we can setup our website. Things that we need to consider before we choose or decide a web host are following;
- Up time. Sometimes when our web host is not reliable, all of sudden we can't access our website due to their technical or server issue. Therefore we need a solid web host that does not have this problem, at all.
- Speed. One of factor that can effect your Search Engines ranking, apart of your up time is your site's speed. Choose any web hosts that have SSD feature.
- Responsive support team. Very important to support us whenever we have a problem.
- Free SSL certificate. Since 2014 giant of Search Engine announced they are trying to encourage all webmasters to implement HTTPS for their websites.
Most of web hosts will bill you automatically every time your plan has ended. If this is what you like to do, then it is not a problem. However, if you are still in doubt, or if you prefer to be billed manually, then you will need to turn off the Auto Billing system.
In this lesson, we will take a look at URL difference between an HTTP and HTTPS website, using Chrome browser. If you don't use Chrome yet, and want to try Chrome, you can download Chrome browser (Chrome is developed by Google), the quick link is in the resources link.
Since 2014, one of the biggest Search Engine, Google announced that websites that have HTTPS secure badge will have a positive impact to rank in their search engine result. Therefore, we chose a web host that has this feature for free and easy implementation.
In this lesson, we will test the HTTPS connection with our website after installing the SSL certificate in our web host. With the step by step video, we will learn how to install SSL, and apply it correctly to our website.
Why do we want to get premium themes to build our website? According to my experience as a WordPress user since 2010, for building a professional website, especially a business website, you will eventually want to use a premium theme. Let alone the SEO-optimized feature, clean code, and reliable since they also have been around for decades in WordPress world.
If you decide to install the SEO plugin, in this video we will install the newest version of the plugin. This means the appearance and features will be different from the version I have used for this course. If you wish to use the same version I used, then follow the next lecture video to install the version I have used.