Microsoft Excel - Basic Data Visualization in Excel
- Need basic Excel skills
- Basic understanding of Excel formulas
- Know how to make a basic graph/chart in Excel
Welcome and thanks for your interest in my course!
Learn and master the art of creating a well-designed data visualizations and basic data analysis in Excel in this wide-ranging course. Forget the same old default Excel graphs that are boring and without personality - you can do better than that! This course will help your to go beyond the basics of graphing and teach you how to design graphs with your intended audience in mind. Not only will you learn how to create great graphs in Excel, but you will also learn how to organize your data before graphing to make the process easier and more productive.
A few of the topics we will cover in this course include:
- How to determine if your data is graph-worthy
- How to organize your data prior to visualization
- Using vlookups to enhance your datasets
- Designing your graphs for your audience
- Using your visualizations outside of Excel
- and a few other surprises....
This course is mostly video based, but does include all of the Excel spreadsheets used throughout the course. Use these spreadsheets and documents as a resource after you complete the course. They are yours to keep and use as a reference in the future.
This course will allow you to use the Excel skills you already have and take them to the next level. This course was designed with you - the student in mind. My goal is for you to be able to implement the skills your learn in this course immediately once you have completed it.
I hope you enjoy the course and that your use the skills learned to enhance your skillset and wow your boss and coworkers!
- Anyone who wants to learn how to visualize data in Excel
- Anyone who wants to become better at Excel
- Knowing how to work with Pivot Tables and basic Excel formulas will help
- Prepping your data04:08
- Cleaning and organizing data with Vlookups07:07
- Choosing the right graph8 pages
- Let's graph07:16
- Formatting your graphs03:09
- From a bar to a line graph03:10
- Changing a graphs color scheme03:38
- Pasting your graphs into PowerPoint02:39
- Create a graph in "The Economist" style15:29
- Create a graph in "Five Thirty Eight" style11:46
- Course Takeaways00:41
Hi, I’m Sean
I am a seasoned Analyst with several years experience in a variety of different industries including Healthcare, Technology, and Finance. I have a passion for teaching and empowering others, and one way I decided to do that is through the Analyst Training Course.
I am intellectually curious by nature, a music lover, car enthusiast, and pretty decent golfer.
So what qualifies me to teach this course?
7+ years of experience as an Analyst
10+ years of Excel experience
Extensive Executive Presentation Experience
Designed Focused Analyst
I look forward to teaching you.