Create Complete Web Applications easily with APEX 5
What you'll learn
- Create Fully-functional web applications with Oracle APEX
- Understand APEX areas such as the Application Builder, SQL Workshop, Team Development, and Packaged Apps
- Install pre-packaged sample applications
- Install Oracle's free version Oracle XE
- Upgrade Oracle XE from version 4.2 to version 5.0
- Create a Task Tracking Application
- Create List of Values the right way
- Create shared components such as Lists of Values, Breadcrumbs, Navigation Menus, Lists and more
- Utilize Dynamic Actions to autmatically update fields on a form
- Utilize the SQL Workshop to Create, Alter, and Drop Database objects such as tables, views, and sequences
- Create dynamics lists, cards, badges based on page item entry
- Create dynamic breadcrumbs
- Create a search bar landing page
- Export, Import and Rollback Applications
- Work with Page Submission and Page Redirection
- Utilize basic PL/SQL Functionality to create awesome page logic
- Use the theme-roller to customize the look and feel of their APEX applications
- Very, very basic dos commands such as CD
- How to Utilize a Browser
- You should have a basic understanding of Windows
- You should have a basic understanding of SQL and HTML and possibly some programming language
UPDATED June 7th, 2015 - Now Includes full download of this FULLY FUNCTIONAL website + DB + Web App located at http : // info lims . com
What is this course about?
This course is about Oracle's APEX framework which allows you to create modern, fully-functional web applications using nothing more than your browser. Applications in APEX are configured and not coded. But don't let that fool you. APEX is modern and allows for advanced web programming if you want to get your hands dirty. In this course we dive into the basics and intermediate level of APEX configuration. There is no heavy coding in this course. We use configuration and drag-and-drop in this course to get some pretty advanced functionality.
What terminology would your audience expect to find in this course?
We cover all of APEX's terminology (Don't worry if you are not familiar)
Table, Sequences, Workspace, Page, Page Designer, Application Builder, SQL Workshop, Exporting, Importing, Interactive Reports, Regions, Items, Buttons, Select Lists, List Managers, Template Options, Icon Classes, Shared Components, Authentication Schemes, Theme Roller, Dynamic Actions, Application Rollback, Team Development Module, Packaged Apps, Page Processes, Branching, Page Redirection, SQL, Query Builder, and so much more
We also cover some web and database terminology (Would help to have a basic understanding)
HTML, h1, h2, div, SQL, Select, From, Where
What kind of material are included?
The format for this course is watch and follow along. You are given two options for following along:
Request your own Oracle Workspace and follow along (Free)
Install your own instance of Oracle XE and APEX (Free) on your Windows machine
Both options are free. The student is expected to complete all of the same exercises in the video.
How long will the course take to complete?
The student should expect to dedicate 8 or more hours to complete the course.
How is this course structured?
Watch and follow along. I take you from beginning to end with this course video series. I will occasionally ask you to pause the video and complete a task to test your skills.
Why take this course?
There is nothing like seeing a developer in action and watching them build from beginning to end. You can try and use a book or blog tutorial to get your knowledge about APEX. But the experience with those formats could end up leaving you stuck. APEX is the future of web application development. If you think visually and would prefer to configure an application rather than get stuck in the weeds with code, take this course and get started on your next web app.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for folks with a basic understanding of HTML, SQL, and possibly some programming language
- This course is NOT meant for hardcore, advanced web programmers
- This course is meant for those wanting to get a web application up and running quickly but don't want or aren't able to dive into heavy coding
Hi! I'm Andrew.
I have been working for 7+ years as a freelance and for companies as a Mobile and Frontend Software Developer. As a teacher, I love to share my Knowledge and experience with my students, so, they can have a full training about been and working as a software developer. Teaching makes me happy.
I am working hard for creating awesome courses in Udemy. Hope to see you in my classroom