Sewing: Create the Best Custom-Made Jeans
What you'll learn
- Learn how to make custom-made jeans using only a single-stitch sewing machine
- Learn how to create a pattern base on specified measurements
- Know what parts of the pants to be measured when you want to get its measurement
- Learn how to measure a person's body to achieve a perfect fit for his/her pants
- Understand the different uses of sewing tools
- Know what the thread numbers/sizes are
- Learn how to use a bias to hide the rough edges
- No sewing experience required
- You need at least a basic single-stitch sewing machine, thread, ruler, tape measure, pen, and scissors
I'm Fred Deocariza and I have created the FIRST course on Udemy about how to make a pair of custom-made jeans.
For years I have been learning and sewing and experimenting with jeans because I am in love with them. But great jeans are expensive, so I made it my life's mission to create the most amazing custom-made jeans in the world using ONLY a single stitch sewing machine. Why? Because jeans should be made in detail by 1 person per customer and not 20 people in a factory to create hundreds of pieces of denim in a day. And that's why I created this course.
This course will provide you with the knowledge in creating a pair of jeans using a single stitch sewing machine. In this course, you will NOT need a double stitch sewing machine. You will NOT need a serger or overlock machine. You will NOT need a feed-off-the-arm sewing machine. You will NOT need a bar tacking machine. You will absolutely NOT need to use any complicated machines at all. This course has been designed to teach people at all levels regardless of their knowledge of sewing. You will learn to sew your jeans starting from getting the right measurement, making the pattern, and sewing the garment to create that pair of jeans that you've been dreaming of. THIS is the course that you need!
Who this course is for:
- This is a straightforward course for people who wear denim pants or jeans.
I am a fan of jeans.
I have grown wearing jeans since I started learning how to say the word “jeans”. I am in love with it. I was so in love that I started learning how to make one. When I learned how to make jeans or custom selvedge jeans, I started experimenting with its design like creating pants with a pocket so big it can carry laptops (yes, with an “s”). I even made chicken drumsticks cargo pants with 6 pockets. Just imagine a chicken drumstick and that’s how it would look. I just can’t stop making them. If those pants were my kids I would have fathered hundreds of kids. I am so into jeans that I want to share my appreciation for jeans by sharing it.
There are people out there who have the same love as I do for jeans, but just don’t have the means to get a pair while there are some who are not aware of it. I want to introduce (and maybe re-introduce) them to those who are not familiar with selvedge jeans or have forgotten about them. Jeans, like humans, are unique in their way. I am not here to make a bunch of ready-to-wear jeans just for money. I am here to spread my love story with jeans so you can also have your own.