Create a Quality Online Learning Experience
What you'll learn
- Convert your face to face product into a successful online learning experience
- Connect with your adult learners by understanding their needs, learning styles and setting clear expectations.
- Create an outcomes based learning journey, that is scaffolded and organised according to best practice teaching and learning methodology.
- Communicate your content in a way that engages, inspires and motivates your clients to take action, and create real change in their lives.
- Critique your content by evaluating, reviewing and reflecting on the learning experience you've delivered so that it gets better every time it's offered.
- Have an idea for a course
- Have experience or content ready to put into a course
If you're confused or overwhelmed with the process of taking your content, ideas or expertise, and creating a course, workshop or presentation out of them, this 12 Step Challenge will give you the Blueprint for getting started.
First up, you go into a detailed 14 part lesson on how to convert an existing face to face course, into an online product that works, and gets results.
Then, you'll be introduced to the 12 Steps within the 4 PILLARS of Creating Quality Learning Experiences; Connect, Create, Communicate and Critique, with a short video for each of the 12 Steps, and the 12 Step Blueprint.
Based on the foundations of best practice teaching and learning, consider it an introduction to how to create learning experiences that WORK - teaching and learning isn't just about compiling a bunch of information and throwing at your clients, hoping they'll get something out of it.
It's about leading them on a learning journey, tapping into how they learn, and providing them a scaffolded, organised approach to your results based learning experience.
CONNECT: really tap into your learners and understand the problems they need solving, how they learn most effectively, and set up clear expectations around the learning experience right from the outset.
CREATE: define the outcomes that your learners will walk away with, scaffold the lessons and the content within them effectively so that you are taking them on an organised path to applying their new skills.
COMMUNICATE: learn the basics of how to structure your presentations, visual aids and hone your delivery techniques so that you are engaging inspiring and motivating your clients achieve success in your field.
CRITIQUE: evaluating, reviewing and reflecting on how your course, workshop or presentation has performed, is paramount to continually improving your reputation, and the learning experiences you have on offer. Earn a reputation as a professional who cares about delivering high quality outcomes for your clients, and continually improving your content and services.
This 12 Step Challenge is the introduction to the full 4 PILLARS e-Course, which provides full templates, workbooks, demonstrations and examples of all the recommended activities in the Challenge, including a crash course in basic curriculum development and teacher training theories and methodologies.
Who this course is for:
- Passionate professionals who have a message to share that they know will change people's lives - but are confused or overwhelmed with the thought of getting it all together into a cohesive whole.
- Those teachers, trainers, guides or mentors who do not have formal qualifications or experience in foundations of best practice teaching and learning.
- Those teachers, trainers, guides and mentors who CARE about the quality of the course, presentation or workshop they are putting together, and ultimately how effective that course will be in changing the lives of their clients for the better.
Maria Doyle helps passionate professionals create quality learning experiences that engage, inspire and motivate their clients to create real change. It's her life mission to take the lack-lustre courses, workshops and presentations of this world – both virtual and live – and transform them into 'it-changed-my-life' experiences.
Nothing lights her up more than teaching, learning, travelling and helping others be better at what they do. Until April 2012, she was working as the Senior ESL Education Manager on the AusAID funded TVET Sector Strengthening Project in Kiribati; a project that took vocational education and training, and long overdue teacher training, to a remote Pacific country.
Why did she start her own business?
'When I started learning about running my own business I was appalled with the quality of unregulated online training online - so decided I wanted to help turn that around. After 12 international postings and with 15 years experience in the teacher training and curriculum development fields, I decided it was time to make Perth home again, so decided to do what I do best, and that is helping passionate professionals create quality learning experiences that engage, inspire and motivate their clients to create real change. I believe in giving back and paying it forward which is why I regularly organise volunteer teacher training trips to schools in developing countries that otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to upgrade their basic teaching skills.'
Her qualifications include an MEd (TESOL), Cert IV TAA, Cert IV TESOL, CELTA, BA (Modern Languages). Maria has extensive international experience, teaching, developing and managing courses in Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the UAE, the UK, Hong Kong and Kiribati. Her areas of expertise include curriculum development, teacher training, project management, assessment and evaluation, and also language and communication skills.