Create Professional Character Designs in Photoshop
What you'll learn
- Understand design considerations needed to create concepts from scratch
- Learn which tools are used for creating beautiful concept artwork
- Learn the workflow of a Professional Concept Artist
- Understand the importance of backstory in creating your characters
- Recognize strength and weaknesses in your skill set to improve more quickly
- Learn the " 7 souls" common to fantasy character archetypes.
- This course uses Photoshop. It may be possible to follow along with another graphics program such as Gimp, but is best suited to Photoshop
- Students should have some experience with sketching at a minimum, and a strong desire to learn the workflow of concept art and illustrations.
In this series, professional concept artist and illustrator Tyler Edlin will walk you through the workflow needed to create pro character designs like those used in AAA games and major films. Through the creation of a Fantasy Mage called Kari, Tyler will demonstrate a professional workflow, as well as covering all of the design considerations needed to create concepts from scratch, and why design is so important to artists in these fields.
- Understand basic design theory for concept artists and illustrators.
- Learn the use of silhouettes to aid in design.
- Improve understanding of poses to "sell" the character.
- Improve color theory and developing a color palate for the piece.
- When to work "loose" and when to push detail to get your best work.
Who this course is for:
- This course is not for first time artists with out any practical experience in art fundamentals such as line work, perspective, color, or shading
- This is for students with some background in drawing, real or fantastic, that want to add professional work flows to their repertoire.
- Previous professional training is not required, a burning desire to create characters is!
3D Buzz is a company dedicated to providing the world with quality technical education over 3D animation, programming, game design, and much more. We have been producing training videos since 2001, always pushing the envelope in the development of informative lessons with an engaging and personable format. We try to make the viewer feel more like they're involved in a classroom discussion with an energetic teacher as opposed to being stuck in a dry, uninspired, run-of-the-mill training video.
But 3D Buzz is so much more than just training videos. We maintain one of the most helpful online communities on the internet. We do our very best to keep in close contact with our community, and to make sure that when you're here, you feel at home.