How to Make an Online Community Platform
- You will need a computer and internet access
- It will help to know the basics of Wordpress
- You will need a basic web hosting account and a domain name
Online communities are a growing trend for a variety of reasons. People want to feel connected.
Why have your own community? To have something unique and to be a leader. SPAM is a big problem on the mass social media platforms. These include bots, no privacy, unrelated advertising, and even explicit material.
What about existing social media platforms? You are the product for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. They make money of you, the content you upload and make you watch irrelevant ads. Pick your space and own it, it is about the relationships you build through your own platform that counts.
There is an unlimited amount of communities waiting to be created. You can help connect them! Years from now people you connected will talk about the first time they met, online or not.
Get started and build your platform in as soon as one day!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who want to meet other like-minded people
- For bloggers and content creators who want to share their content
- This is not for internet trolls, mean and unfriendly people
Tom Rutka is a front end engineer in silicon valley specializing in improving usability, performance, click-through conversions, and optimization. His code can be found everywhere from jQuery plugins, to courseware, to early stage startups.