Create Games with Game Maker (no programming) from scratch
What you'll learn
- Use art effectivly in game development
- Create a fun game to play with your friends
- Make a commercial quality game from scratch
- Have fun in a creative and constructive way
- Download GameMaker:Studio (free) - Link provided (easy installation and download)
*New In this course, I build a game from the ground up with you. Seriously, I'm doing it from scratch with you while recording with minor editing. This is a great way to learn and troubleshoot problems with me. The game we are making it pretty sweet. This is not a run-of-the-mill game. We are making a keeper.
I provide all assets needed for you to get started!
If you are completely new to game development then use GameMaker: Studio. It may not be as easy as some other engines, but it is feature rich and it will get easier with a little effort and patience. You need these traits to be successful game developer.
Features from Course & GameMaker: Studio:
- GameMaker *free version* has all the features of the complete version
- Complete set of quality (royalty free) assets provided
- GameMaker allows for porting to any device. PC, Mac, Mobile, PS4 and Xbox One. (paid plugin's required)
- Course will upgrade with more "Free" video's with support. I will keep adding features to enrich our game.
- You get my project files to work with and make your own.
(Free Preview of Lecture #1 & #48. So you can see where we begin and then some of the features we will work on later)
[GAME ENGINE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS]
1) Go to yoyogames(dot)com > click gamemaker menu > download free now > Click to download GameMaker:Studio
2) Save installer to computer or run from browser.
3) Double click file once it is downloaded. Accept and click next with all the options you want. It will also install a "GM player" if you had that selected.
4) When you launch, it will update files and ask if you want stable or beta mode. Click stable mode for now.
5) After you run engine, it will ask you to register for free version. Run through those steps.
6) Watch the video's and continue on with me
* The graphic files are included with the lectures they're associated with.
Galactic Missile Defense- Black Sheep Games
The Savant Accent - DPad Studio
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners looking for an experience doing something creative that takes dedication.
- Individuals who want to make money off their creation and see others enjoy them.
- This couse is for 2D video game developers. Those interested in mobile games would benifit.
My name is Eldon Harris and I believe in the power of the individual. I founded Roencia Game Creators which provides graphics for game developers. I've seen production of games from paper to release and the efforts it takes to make them.
I started on my own and then later found kindly support from investors and others interested in my work. I make my courses to be a support to you. It's possible for you to make games with a crappy computer and a limited budget. It's possible for you to do many amazing things and it starts by doing something small first. GameMaker:Studio was the path for me & I fully recommend it to you.
There is a slue of great games made in that engine you're probably playing right now! However...playing a game and making a game are two different beasts.
Once you make your first game, share it with friends, and then even possibly sell it, you'll never want to stop. I'll be here if you need me. I'll provide all the graphics you need or source files you'll need as required for my courses.