Create Business Applications with AppSheet
- You should be knowledgable of spreadsheet software like Excel, Google Sheets, or Smartsheet. Database knowledge is also applicable.
- We'll teach you how to create mobile apps with AppSheet, so some general knowledge of the AppSheet platform is helpful.
Learn how to build mobile, tablet & browser applications without using any code, and how to solve a variety of workflow & automation scenarios for your business.
This beginner-level course walks new app creators through the process of defining & connecting data sources, customizing app interfaces, incorporating basic layers of automation, generating notifications & reports, and deploying apps to teams of users.
Learn how to incorporate features like:
Image & Signature Capture
GPS & Maps
Calendars, Charts & Image Galleries
To help support common scenarios such as:
Perform Inspections & Surveys
Manage Field Service Teams
Automate Team Notifications
Build Analytics Dashboards & Reports
Control & Update Inventory
Share Team Resources
- Anyone that wants to create mobile apps without having to write code.
- People who have data in spreadsheets and want to manage access to the data from multiple devices and by multiple users
- Anyone interested in mobile app creation
- Types of Data Sources00:12
- Connecting Data Sources02:21
- Setting Table Permissions00:05
- Establishing Column Types00:18
- Column Types: Dates & Times01:37
- Column Types: Lists & Dropdowns01:34
- Column Types: Content, Media & Signatures03:37
- Positioning & Labeling App Views00:13
- View Types00:06
- Calendar View03:08
- Form Views00:30
- Detail Views02:57
- Map Views01:58
- XY Map Types00:33
- Deck Views03:51
- Table Views00:05
- Gallery Views03:11
- Chart Views02:18
- Dashboard Views00:19
- Introduction to App Behaviors02:38
- Creating Custom Actions, Buttons & Links03:09
- Examples of Actions00:08
- Automating with Workflows02:54
- Customizing Generated Emails & PDFs00:21
- Determining How App Data Syncs02:29
- Example of App Syncing00:12
- Understanding app security00:21
- Requiring User Sign-In01:40
- Filtering Data with 'Security Filters'01:44
- Encrypting Your Data02:25
- Deploying Applications00:14
- Inviting Users00:24
- Sending Notifications & Announcements to Users01:47
- Follow-Up: Broadcasting Notifications00:13
I help businesses digitize processes through mobile apps using the AppSheet platform.
I've worked with customers creating hundreds of apps big and small, from trucking dispatch to inspections and scheduling.
My goal is to teach people how to digitize the processes they otherwise would not be able to if they had to rely on developers or learning how to write code.
App builder & director of product marketing at AppSheet, with experience helping teams scale their sales & marketing efforts.
My favorite app scenarios include rural data collection (offline syncing), indoor building maps (XY maps), auto-generated PDF reports (workflows & reports running behind the scenes), and apps that use push notifications to update users live as data changes.
Helping you unlock the full potential of AppSheet
My company helps organizations Replace time-wasting processes with flexible digital tools that achieve goals and save money