Create and meditate: Landscape Painting Artist Benny Andrews
What you'll learn
- The learner will learn about the art and work of Black Artist Benny Andrews.
- The learner will learn the basics of creating a mixed media painting.
- The learner will learn ways to integrate meditation as part of a creative practice.
- The learner will Learn techniques to create more peace and clarity in their daily life.
- Wifi access in order to view the videos, a copier to print off templates for the painting (you can also simply have access to a way to view the PDFs if you would rather not print off the resources.
- Art supplies for the art work. I am using acrylic paint and 11x14 mixed media paper and a brown paper bag. You can use what you have on hand. This means you can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, watercolor paints. In order to achieve the texture for the art piece, you will need to types of paper material (i.e. copy paper and brown paper bag)
This course offers a brief art history lesson on the life and work of Black Artist Benny Andrews. You will learn about the artist's contributions to the art world and create an art piece in his style.
Throughout the course, I incorporate meditation and journaling opportunities and teach you how to structure a mixed media painting using your unique voice.
The course is structured in the following manner:
I take the painting and break it down into steps that offer breathing space for you to create and also invite a inner exploration of your intuition. The value of taking a few minute to sit and breathe and then create is one that I find an intimate practice. You will find clarity and peace as you work with the paints and brushes. This approach lower inhibitions and creates space that you may have experienced in a yoga class or a nature walk. The difference is that at the end of this course you will have a beautiful painting that you would be proud to hang in your home or frame and give as a gift. The art piece will forever be infused with this practice.
This class teaches you the basics of mixed media art and offers plenty of room to truly make this painting your own expression of creativity.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants a guided practice where we incorporate art and meditation practices. I enjoy having a conpeonent where I am learning about new artists and I hope that you enjoy that as a bonus of this class.
Robin Norgren, M.A.Th, is a Montessori teacher living in Apache Junction, Arizona. She earned her Undergraduate degree in Management from Arizona State University and her Masters Degree in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary. She has completed her AMS Montessori Primary Certification and is in the process of completing her AMI Montessori Primary Certification. Her recent accolades include helping to develop a Montessori based preschool that serves as a integration program for students with Autism. She also taught Montessori Kindergarten and developed a curriculum that combined Montessori practices with Common Core Standards.
Josey's Art School was started as a passion project because Robin saw that art education was diminishing in the elementary school curriculum. She has created and developed over 300 art lessons and has taught in classrooms, community centers and after school programs all over Arizona and Virginia.
Josey's art school offers many types of creativity programs for kids and adults. We bring all equipment and supplies to you.
Bright Child Montessori creates lesson plans to guide the Montessori Teacher through the army of albums prepared through the traditional AMS Montessori Certification process.
Bright Child Studio provides kids with the opportunity to experience the joy found in participating in musical theatre. We provide a fun atmosphere and versatile class options that will allow your Bright Child to SHINE