Create and Launch your Podcast Website with WordPress
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Follow the step-by-step screen shares and tech tutorials and you'll have your podcast website ready to launch by the end of this course!
- Have your website live on the internet at your own domain name.
- Install and configure your self-hosted WordPress site.
- Create a coming soon page and email opt-in to grow your audience as you prepare to launch.
- Effectively plan out and create your content and images for your website.
- Feel comfortable working with the content creation tools and options available through WordPress admin panel.
- Understand what WordPress themes are, how to get one, how to vet for quality, and how to set it up on your website.
- Understand what plugins are and how to add and use them to extend the power of your WordPress website.
- How to set up your website to display your podcast episodes and podcast feed using the most powerful/popular WordPress podcasting plugin - PowerPress.
- Know how to set up Google Analytics and Google Search Console for your website so you can start gathering useful data and improve your SEO rankings.
- Prepare for the big launch day with final checks and tasks for the launch day.
- Bonus section on email lists and monetization methods for your podcast.
- Purchase web hosting (4$/month) - walk through process in course
- Purchase domain name ($12 - $15/year)- walk through process in course
- Optional purchase a starter theme ($20 - $50) - free options are also available
This course will guide you from start to finish on everything you need to know to create and launch your professional podcast website.
Follow along with each module, and by the end of this course, you will have your podcast website live, fully functioning, and ready to help you reach your podcast goals.
Once you have full control of your web platform, the sky truly is the limit.
- Aspiring podcasters getting ready to launch their show who want to have a podcast website ready for the launch.
- Podcasters who DON'T have a website but are ready to create on to grow their podcast and reach their full potential.
- Podcasters who DO have a website but are ready to move to the powerful WordPress platform to take advantage of additional growth and monetization methods.
As mentioned in the video, I'll be using Siteground for the video walkthroughs. Link in resources.
If you don't already have web hosting, you can sign up at SiteGround to follow along with the video - link in Resources.
If you already own a domain name, here are the SiteGround specific instructions to either use the domain name with SiteGround or to transfer it over to SiteGround and manage it all in one place. Either option will work, you're just deciding if you want to manage the domain name and hosting from the same location or keep them separate.
How to use your existing domain with SiteGround - link in Resources.
How to transfer my existing domain name to SiteGround - link in Resources.
If you're using hosting with a different company than SiteGround, they'll have instructions similar to SiteGround's on how to use an existing domain name with the servers or how to transfer the domain name. Just do a search for the above links replacing "SiteGround" with your hosting company's name to find those resources.