Create An Eye Catching Book Cover with Affinity Publisher
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to create an e-Book cover and a Print cover for your Book, suitably sized for all the popular digital outlets.
- The course begins with the fundamentals of good design, embodied in well proven principles.
- No matter what genre your work is written in, you will be able to create a stunning cover for your work. You will learn what makes an eye catching cover
- As a student you will learn about Loglines and Taglines and how to use them on covers in only some cases. Not all, and you will learn when to use them.
- In step by step lessons, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher will be used to create your book covers, and both iPad and desktop versions will be shown.
- You will learn how to use your cover to position your books within your genre so your cover attracts the attention you want.
- You will be supplied with ready made cover templates and promotional mockups that will make your publishing activities so much easier.
- eBook covers require just as much attention as a hardback and in you will learn the fundamentals right here.
- The software needed, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher ( Desktop only ) is available for both Apple and Windows computers at a very low one off price.
- Separate copies are needed for iOS and Desktop if you wish to use both devices. However, the cost per copy is so low it shouldn’t matter.
- If using an Apple iPad then an Apple Pencil is a great addition but not a requirement for the course.
- There are no other prerequisites because the course is a step by step walk through of the process. You don’t need to be an expert in IT or Design.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign although you will have to adjust the commands and interaction to achieve the same results. Other packages may work but your results will not be optimal for this course.
Using Affinity Publisher and Affinity Photo you will be able to create stunning book covers in no time. Good design principles are followed, and you will rapidly see just how attention to detail builds the impact of your cover.
Whatever your book title is, you can design and publish your own book cover for your eBook or Paperback using Affinity Publisher. What's more, you can use it to actually publish your own ebook! By exporting to PDF, your book becomes available to a wide range of publication platforms.
But this course is concerned with creating your own book cover, following all the good design principles needed. Right there, step by step.
When you think of what it is that makes people stop and pick up your book, either from the bookshelf or the online store, you will soon realise that it's your Cover - and only your cover that has caught their eye.
The cover of a book works as a salesman to its audience, and the cover needs to be recognized as an important tool – not just to service its original purpose, which is to protect and bind the pages of a book.
Because a book's cover is its face, it generates expectation. If a reader sees an amateur cover on a book, they will expect the novel itself to be amateur.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for Authors and Writers in any genre who would like to be able to create their own book covers. Book covers that will improve the placement of your books in book lists.
- Design students looking to improve their skill with Affinity Photo and Publisher will find the course a good place to start.
- As an author you will almost certainly be on a shoestring. This course is for you. The Affinity products are very low cost, and will serve your many graphics needs.
Having worked in the Education industry for many years, Robert has a long professional career to call on. Robert has also spent many years as a teacher of English to international students and has a Masters Degree in TESOL, a BA, a Degree in Journalism and a Degree in Teaching - Primary and Secondary. Robert currently lives in the UK and is a published author. You can find him on all the best Social Media sites and is always happy to respond to your questions. You can find his books on Amazon and others, and his website and YouTube channels contain a wealth of useful information on a wide range of topics. Robert has Dual nationality with the UK and Australia and speaks Chinese as his second language.