Create an Engaging Website with Twitter Bootstrap 2.x
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Chapter 1: Getting Started Introduction
- What is Twitter Bootstrap
- About the Project Files
- Download the Project Files
- Starting Your Project
- Chapter 2: Adding the Base Markup for the Page
- Page Container and Nested Rows
- Adding Containers for Content
- Adding Main Content
- Preparing Graphics with Photoshop
- Chapter 3: Adding your Own Style with CSS
- Styling the Blockquote
- Styling the Footer
- Add Content and Style the Promos
- Add Your Logo with a Link
- Adding the Navigation Menu
- Chapter 4: Create Your Own Icons
- Add a Custom Icon to Glyphicons
- Customize Styles for the Menus
- Page and Background Styles
- Chapter 5: Customize the Experience with Plug-ins
- HTML Markup for the Carousel Plug-in
- Responsive Download via CSS
- Set the Timing for the Carousel
- Remote Control the Carousel
- Adding Form Elements
- Creating an Auto Suggest
- Chapter 6: Where To Go From Here
- Where To Go From Here
Take a tour of the final project. We'll explore the responsive, cross-platform, and interactive features of the design, as well as the varying download sizes based on screen size.
Get a brief description of the Twitter Bootstrap framework, as well as an overview of how the reference website is structured.
Get familiar with the exercise files included. You will have access to source Photoshop files, code snippets, and a copy of the final project previewed in the introduction.
Create a location on your hard drive to build your web site. Then add the started files from the project files.
NOTE: The videos are not displaying one line of HTML code that is included in the head area of the HTML files found in the Exercise Files. You will see this additional line added before the title tag:
Create custom jQuery instructions to set timing options for the carousel panels.
Get suggestions on additional technologies to explore in conjunction with Twitter Bootstrap. In addition to this framework, you can use this free 7-day trial link for lynda.com (http://www.lynda.com/trial/chrisconverse) to learn more jQuery techniques, similar to the one found in this course.
- A text editor, Photoshop CS2 or later (optional)
A total of 23 lectures with a total running time of 74 minutes.
- Graphic and PRint Designers, Web Designers, Front-end Developers, Tech-savvy Marketing Managers