Create an Edge: Guide to your best INTERVIEW
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Qualities of an ideal candidate
- Successful INTERVIEW strategies to land your dream career
- Most Frequently Asked Questions on an Interview - and how to best prepare your responses
- The most important thing you need to say in an interview (but most people do not do)
- Making a lasting first impression
- How to prepare for an awesome interview
- Insider tips from the perspective of interviewers
- Download the resources provided to you
- Actively participate and engage in the course
- Draft of a resume and/or cover letter
Have you ever been on a date with someone that looked really good on paper, but when you meet them in person, he/she was a dud?
Just like dates, interviews are more about connections and emotions.
The secret is…
People don’t get hired based on their knowledge or experience.
People get hired based on how they make others FEEL.
I’ve sat in countless interviews where the candidate looks really good on paper - excellent educational history, years of experience, lots of knowledge or skills in the industry, but when we meet the candidate, they are a dud. FLAT. BORING. UNRELATABLE.
So how do you present yourself in an interview so that the interviewers get to know YOU - in 15 minutes or less?!?
In my 20+ years of experience in the industry, with a wide variety of job experience, from working in marketing, accounting, banking, as well as in sales, the restaurant business, and most recently in the education sector, I realized that all businesses are seeking the same thing in an ideal candidate: CONNECTION.
In this course, I will teach you
The top qualities of an ideal candidate
How to deliver an awesome interview by preparing and practicing frequently asked questions
How to create your PERSONAL BRAND and showcase it during the interview
The most important thing you need to say in an interview, but most people do not do: starting with your WHY
Making lasting first impressions
- Looking for a career change, or an advancement in their career
- Have interviews lined up for a dream job
- Often offered interviews, but not job offers
- Experience of being extremely nervous during interviews
- It's been years since last interview
Now that you have read and prepared for the interview questions, you are ready for a REAL practice session. Use this video as a simulation in preparing for your first interview. There are 6 questions (try not to view the questions beforehand so that you are truly experiencing the real deal). Pause after each one, and take 1-2 minutes to verbally respond to each one as if you are in the REAL interview. If you're feeling brave, record yourself responding to this question and play back for better practice.