Create an Android Game from Scratch using AndEngine
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use AndEngine to develop 2D Android Games
- Create simple menus in Android (like a main menu)
- Expand the game using Libraries
- Having basic programming knowledge, ideally in Java, is recommended, but not absolutely needed.
- An Android-based Smartphone
- Other than that, you need absolutely nothing!
Want to start with Game Development for Android? This course will jumpstart you into it! In just a few hours, you will develop a game with a step-by-step videocourse!
I´ve uploaded the game you will create on Google Play - search for "MyFirstSpaceShooter". (can´t link it in udemy - sorry!)
In just a few hours of work, you could have your very own game in the Play Store aswell!
You probably want to develop a game - maybe even your first. I was in the exact same situation just two years ago - I created a few simple games already, but nothing fancy. Then I started developing for Android, with the goal to eventually publish it. But that was way harder than I expected it to be!
My first game took about 200 hours of work, even though I already knew Java! My second game even took 300 hours, but it was technically much more advanced. Now I want to help others starting Android game development with less pain and frustration than I had, which is why I created this course. I planned to reduce my 200 hours to just 20 hours of work for you - but because of my experience and a lot of trial and error, I could push that number even further. Now you will have a finished (but expandable!) game within just 2 hours!
A part of why learning AndEngine is so slow is the lack of good tutorials. You'll have a hard time finding a tutorial that really walks you through everything. And even if you find a good tutorial, it is probably outdated or not for your version of AndEngine...
The game you will create is a simple space-invader-like arcade game - but you can choose how it looks like! I have included a set of graphical assets that you can choose from to make the game really yours. (of course, you can also use your own graphics if you have some)
Also, I have added a few text-based guides to help you expand your game with additional features like PowerUps, Leaderboards and more! I will also continue to add more guides - if you are interested in anything specific, just ask!
What`s included in this couse:
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating the main menu for the game using native Android
- Creating the game using AndEngine
- Guides on how to expand the game further
- All graphical assets used in this course and even more!
What you need to bring:
- Basic programming knowledge is highly recommended, ideally in Java, but not absolutely necessary.
- A smartphone with Android
With this course, you will be able to create your very own Android game within just a few hours - guaranteed. If the course doesn´t help you, you can just refund it - no questions asked!
- This course is intented for people who want to get into game development for Android
- If you have basic programming experience, you can take this course!
- If you have never written a line of code before, you should probably take a basic Java course first!