Create a Wordpress Blog Website: Wordpress Blog Step-by-Step
What you'll learn
- How to purchase inexpensive website hosting, free domain name and SSL certification. How to install your SSL certificate and install Wordpress on your website.
- How to install the Wordpress Extra theme to define the look of your site. How to configure your theme. How to install plugins to extend WP functionality.
- How to create simple About and Contact page with a Contact Form 7 form. How to create a blog post using the Classic Wordpress editor.
- How to confiture the Wordpress Primary Menu and add widgets to your website. How to add a mailing list signup form to the sidebar of your website.
- How to create multiple websites per hosting account, perform blog post SEO, use the Elementor plugin to create complex pages and monetizing your website.
- To follow along with the course, you will need to purchase inexpensive web hosting and an inexpensive Wordpress theme.
Have something to say? Writing blog posts is a great way to get your message across.
So, do you want to create a blog? Why not create a Wordpress blog yourself using this step-by-step guide?
In this course, I explain everything you need to do to create an elegant Wordpress blog in less time than you thought possible. Follow along and have your blog up and running and attracting new readers soon. This course addresses the following topics:
Purchasing Web Hosting
Installing Your Free SSL Certificate
Installing Wordpress with the Autoinstaller
Installing the Perfect Wordpress Blogging Theme
Applying Essential Modifications to Your Theme.
Installing Essential Plugins to Extend Wordpress Basic Functionality
Creating an About Page with the Classic Editor
Creating a Contact Page Using the Contact Form 7 Plugin
Creating Your First Blog Post
Configuring Your Primary Menu
Configuring Your Widgets in the Sidebar
Inserting a Mailing List Signup Widget in the Sidebar
Installing Multiple Wordpress Websites on a Single Hosting Account
Using the En Page Builder to Construct Complex Pages
Performing Blog Post SEO Using the Yoast SEO Plugin
Monetizing Your Website
If you want to learn the basics of Wordpress while building a blogging website, then this is the course for you. Browse the lecture previews and then enroll so we can get started building your site.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted at students brand new to Wordpress.
- This course is targeted at students needing a blog.
- This course is directed at intermediate Wordpress users wanting to brush up their skills.
I was born in the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California. I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California. After working for Lockheed Missiles and Space for 14 years as an IBM system programmer and Cisco Systems for 12 years as a test engineer, I retired at 48.
I instantly became bored.
2 Community College
In response to my boredom, I enrolled in Columbia Community College to take writing, art, acting and statistics classes. I took 24 units over one year and received straight “A” 's.
I was still bored.
3 Writing and Self-publishing
I began writing fiction and nonfiction books and self-publishing them on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords in July 2011. Though I wrote and published several books, my self-publishing business didn’t take off until my wife joined me.
4 My Wife and Author, Melanie Jackson
Melanie Jackson, my wife, was an author publishing over two romance novels per year through her New York publisher, Dorchester Press. After publishing 24 novels with Dorchester, the company folded, and Melanie was without a publisher (she wanted to write cozy mysteries anyway).
I convinced Melanie to join me in self-publishing cozy mysteries on Amazon.
5 The Self-publishing Years
For the last fourteen years, from July 2010 until now (1/19/2024), my wife and I wrote and self-published cozy mysteries. At first, we continued to self-publish on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords, but eventually chose to self-publish exclusively on Amazon. To date, I've self-published well over 100 of my wife’s books on Amazon.
During the last ten years, from 2014 until now (1/19/2024), my wife and I have made precisely $498,420.01 self-publishing books on Amazon alone.
6 My Wife and I
When I say “my wife and I,” I mean that my wife did the writing, and I helped with the brainstorming, did half the editing, created the book covers, and self-published and marketed my wife’s books. So, my wife had it pretty good while I honed my writing, self-publishing and marketing skills.
After about five years of self-publishing a book every two months, Melanie and I burned out and slowed way, waaayyy, doowwwnnn…
I began publishing courses on Udemy, Skillshare and multiple other sites in July 2014, focusing on writing, self-publishing and book covers. Within ten weeks, I had published my first 10 Udemy courses. I currently (1/19/2024) publish almost exclusively on Udemy and have 36 Udemy courses to my name. I've made precisely $210,260.68 to date and will celebrate my 10th year on Udemy this July.
I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada, with my lovely wife and author, Melanie Jackson, and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,