How to Create a Website that Converts
What you'll learn
- Learn what makes a website suck.
- My 5 Step Process for creating an effective website that converts.
- Learn about personas.
- Define your target audience and create personas to represent them.
- Set S.M.A.R.T Objectives for your website to make sure your website reaches your business goals.
- Learn how to research competitors and create a swipe file.
- Brainstorm and create a wireframe for your website.
- Learn how to effectively brief your designer and/or developer on your project to get the result you need quickly and cheaply.
- Conduct A/B tests on your website to optimize and improve results no matter what your traffic volume is.
- Review conclusions and take-aways.
- This course is for beginners/intermediate students and covers the strategy phase of creating a website, students need to have an open mind and the desire to learn!
- Wireframing tool like Mockflow, Balsamiq (Powerpoint or Keynote can also be used).
- Evernote Chrome Extension (Free)
There are plenty of awesome online courses that teach you web development and web design. The missing piece was strategy. Because no matter how pretty a website is, if it is not setup to grow traffic/signups/sales/subscriptions/ whatever other objective your business has, there is no point.
Before thinking about color, plugins and fonts, you need to think about strategy. This course will teach you my step by step process for creating an effective website that meets your business objectives, without wasting time and money.
- Why are you creating a website?
- What are your objectives?
- Who is your target audience?
- How will you measure success?
- What are other players doing in your space?
- How can you use your competitors to your advantage?
- How can you define and present your ideas to a designer/developer?
- What can you continuously optimize your website to improve results no matter what your traffic volume is?
Who this course is for:
- Designers/creatives who want to better understand the business strategy side of web design, expand their skill set and provide enhanced services for clients.
- Developers who want to better understand the business strategy side of web development, expand their skill set and provide enhanced services for clients.
- Entrepreneurs who want to create an effective website or optimize their existing website to reach their goals, grow their traffic, and grow sales.
Hi! I'm Dana. For over 15 years, I've been working in Marketing, Communications, Community and Social Media Management, as well as Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability. I've worked in global companies such as Starbucks and International Turnkey Systems, managing marketing, communications and community projects.
I'm passionate about Marketing, web trends, new technologies, science, community management and social responsibility. I'm excited to share my knowledge and tips with those in similar professions and learn from others too!
B2B and B2C Marketing
Account Based Marketing
Product & service launches
Web strategy and optimization
Customer interface development
Cross-functional team leadership
Corporate Social Responsibility