Build a Single Page Website with HTML & CSS
- A very basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
When starting out as a web developer, one of the most valuable and rewarding milestones is to create a fully complete website that looks and feels good. Watching and reading tutorials are great for learning new things, but completing a project is key to taking your learning to another level.
In this course you'll be learning how to create a single page website (or micro-site) from scratch using the following technologies:
Block Element Modifier (BEM) CSS naming convention
This course is perfect for people who have a beginner to intermediate level of experience in web development or web design. The website which we'll be creating is going to feature various different web design elements, including:
a hero image
social media links
On top of that, this website will be mobile-friendly, making it compatible with a wide range of devices including both iPhone and Android phones.
Not only will you learn how to create the above components but you'll also learn how to harness the power of HTML and CSS from a technical perspective in which you can then apply that knowledge into other aspects of web development.
Upon completing this course you'll know how to build a website like this for a small business, or even your own personal portfolio.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner web developers with basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Web developers wanting to take their skills to an elevated level
- Anyone wanting to learn how to build basic websites for small businesses
- Students wanting to land their first job as a web developer
- Anyone trying to gain more knowledge in user interfaces
- Web developers who want to build responsive, mobile-friendly websites
I'm a full stack web developer from Australia with a passion for software development and teaching people how to code.
I started coding when I was 15 years old and have been loving it ever since. Since then, my focus has been developing software for the web.