Create a Photo Sharing App for iOS with Parse in 4 Hours
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 37 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a photo sharing app like Instagram from scratch
- Learn how to integrate Parse and Facebook SDK into iOS
- Learn how to setup an app on Parse.com
- Learn how to setup a Facebook app
- Manage user authentication
- Add Facebook Login to your app and access Facebook user profiles
- Send and receive data with Parse
- Apply UI design to your app
Daniel introduces the concept of mobile backend as a service (mBaaS) providers and their advantages.
In this lesson, we will register as a new Parse developer and add our app to Parse.
We download the Parse framework then add the it to our project. We will also add all the required dependencies.
We learn how to write a basic query to get objects from Parse cloud. Then we display the result with a table view
- A mac running at least Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.4
- Basic knowledge in iOS development, if you know what table view controller is, then you should be fine
So you want to make an awesome social app such as Instagram, Snap Chat, Path, Airbnb but don't know where to start? This course will teach you how to code a photo sharing app for iOS in only 4 hours.
We will start from a blank project, and then cover the most important topics such as user authentication, database query, Facebook integration for building a scalable social app. By the end of this course, you will be able to create a fully functional app ready to handle millions of users!
If you already know the basics of iOS development (ie. UITableViewController), then you are good to go. Even If you are not familiar with iOS programming yet, you can definitely follow the course as we will show you step-by-step how to put everything together.
Everything in this course will be done completely in Objective-C, something you are already familiar with. We will be making the app with the most up-to-date version of development environment, Xcode 5 and iOS 7.
We divided the course into more than 38 bite-sized video lessons for you to learn at your own pace.
- People with basic knowledge of iOS development
- Beginner iOS developers
- Anyone who is interested to learn how a seemingly complex social app can be made in a short period of time
- Anyone who wishes to lean more about mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) providers