Create a kickass financial independence spreadsheet
- This course is designed to be suitable for anyone!
- You just need to come with a willingness to learn and try it yourself
A beginners course to discover when you can become financially independent!
+++ NEW MATERIAL ADDED - I've added student assignments to the end of each section to help you summarize the previous material. +++
What will I learn?
We will create a custom spreadsheet to model your different accounts and future spending strategies to find out when you can become financially independent. The final spreadsheet will be provided.
Who is this course for?
But you will find this particularly useful if your circumstances are unusual or complex. If you do not plan to have a clean working/retirement transition then this is for you!
It will help you model multiple sources of income (such as rental income), model a partner or spouse with different retirement plans or model future one-off spending commitments like college costs
If you’re an independent thinker and like a lot of control as to how you model your finances then this is for you!
What do you need to know?
This is suitable for everyone and I show you how to do it all.
The course will walk you through creating the spreadsheet but the spreadsheet will get provided to you so the lessons will help you understand how it all fits together.
What we’re not going to cover
Treatment of taxation. All values that we calculate will be before tax. This means that if you have a strategy that is highly dependent on Roth and non-Roth savings then you may need to adjust the output.
How is this course different?
The key issue I found with online financial independence tools is that they are either not flexible enough, too simple or too complex, or just not transparent
So I have balanced the three elements of FLEXIBLE, SOPHISTICATED and TRANSPARENT to provide you with a kickass tool!
- Personal finance enthusiasts
- Followers of the financial independence movement
- Anyone who wants flexibility, transparency and sophistication
- An overview of the whole spreadsheet - download spreadsheet here!06:04
- Cashflow Modeling01:45
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:17
- The Timeline03:58
- Life Expectancy05:16
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:42
- Income items06:15
- Income part 206:05
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:35
- One-off income and expenses04:51
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:27
- Introduction to the accounts01:52
- Account projections05:54
- Account projections and investment returns03:43
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:21
- One minute summary01:10
- Permissible values03:55
- Testing permissible values part 203:05
- Case study 105:21
- Case study 213:37
- Your Assignment To Summarize the Section00:55
Welcome – thanks for visiting my Udemy site!
I'm not actually on fire but I'm an actuary on FIRE living with a family and working in pension and investment advisory. I consult with companies on their pension plans and investment strategies and advise some of the largest institutional investors in the world.
I have blogged about financial independence issues for the last few years and felt that an online course would be the best way to get my ideas out there and really help others on their financial independence journey.
Let me know how you get on and thanks for stopping by!