Create a Healing Spirit Art Doll
What you'll learn
- Create a healing spirit art doll with branches, sticks or BBQ skewers, recycled fabrics & treasures.
- You will learn how to make doll faces, ornaments & jewelry from eco-friendly paper clay.
- Ideas how to incorpotate eco-friendly recycled materials into your art doll.
- How to decorate your art doll with found objects. beads, seashells and natural findings.
- How to use sea shells and treasures from the beach to decorate your doll or jewelry.
- How to make clothing for the doll from recycled fabrics.
- At the end of the course you will have created your own mixed media art doll.
- These techniques enable you to also create ornaments, jewelry and mixed media art.
- Art Therapy made fun!
- Great group project for parties, youth organizations and school projects.
- A sense of wonder, imagination and the ability to use sharp objects and a glue gun.
Art Therapy for all ages!
Create a Healing Spirit Art Doll: Learn to create your own Healing Spirit Doll, Kitchen Witch, paper clay jewelry, ornaments and art with eco-friendly recycled fabrics, objects and treasures from nature.
In this 1.75 hour class you will learn to make two different types of dolls. One created with sticks and branches. The other with wooden BBQ skewers. You will also be taught how to make your own paper clay doll faces, as well as how to use fabric, ribbons, beads and found objects to decorate and dress your doll. We will also cover how to add special details and how to hang or display your finished doll.
There is an added section on how to create jewelry with paper clay, treasures found in nature and recycled baubles.
Setting the Intention of the Spirit Doll
How to select sticks & branches.
How to make paper clay faces.
Painting paper clay faces.
How to assemble, dress and adorn the doll.
Finishing touches and details
Two videos of finished Spirit Dolls for inspiration using seashells and other sea inspired treasures.
Extra Section: Paper clay jewelry ideas.
Bonus: Learn to Crochet with Wire
This class may be considered a form of art therapy. It invites the student to think outside the box, use their imagination and have fun. There are no right or wrong ways to make your art doll.
I began creating Spirit Dolls and art as part of a healing process for both physical and emotional reasons. These dolls have played an important role in my life. May this class provide the tools to create some comfort and joy as you make your own doll.
Dolls have traditionally been used in magic and healing rituals, as well as toys throughout the world since the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Greece and Rome. Early dolls were handcrafted from sticks, wood, stone, clay and fabric.
Who this course is for:
- Students who would like to create their own art doll or jewelry, learn to work with paper clay and recycled found objects. y.
- For students interested in Art Therapy, Personal Development and Creativity.
- For parents and teachers who would like to teach a art project with eco-friendly materials.
Jeanie Mossa MS. LAc, is the founder of Four Paws Acupuncture, a veterinary Traditional Chinese Medicine practice north of Boston. She is an acupuncturist, herbalist and author with over 25 years of experience treating animals and humans with holistic medicine. She is co-author of: BARKOPAEDIA: The Canine Book of Knowledge and The Misery Journal: Finding Patterns in Your Aches & Pains.
She holds a masters degree (MS) in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and has completed the Animal Acupuncture certification program at New England School of Acupuncture. She is a former faculty member of the Canadian College of Oriental Medicine (Toronto, Canada). Jeanie is a certified Reiki practitioner as well as a certified Fairyologist!
She has written and illustrated six books and created several online classes. In her spare time, Jeanie is also an artist and owner of Practical Magic Salem featuring one of a kind jewelry, mixed media and art dolls.
The Four Paws Acupuncture and Practical Magic Salem websites are now nesting at NatureRealmPortal dot com.
Jeanie lives in Salem MA with her familiar, Nubi juan Kenobi and their menagerie of imaginary goats magical creatures.
Books by Jeanie Mossa
Barkopaedia: The Canine Book of Knowledge by Jeanie Mossa with Norman Kraft Available on Amazon
The Misery Journal: Finding Patterns in Your Aches & Pains: by Jeanie Mossa with Norman Kraft Available on Amazon
The Screaming Uterus - An Alternative Approach to Healing Your Uterus available on Kindle
Dr. Calamari's Guide to the Herbs, Minerals and Bugs of China (Out of print)
Whispers of the O'Fae Art & Affirmations for the Wounded Inner Child Available on Amazon
The Woof & Warp of Canine Pain: by Jeanie Mossa, with Norman Kraft, Available on Amazon