Create a Gorgeous Website with Squarespace
What you'll learn
- Build your own great looking and fully functional website
- Add and modify pages and content
- Open an eCommerce store and sell products
- Start a blog
- Modify and customize the fonts and colors on your website
- Create graphics using Squarespaces logo creator
- Fundamentals in website design
- A Squarespace account is required to complete the course. But you can use Squarespace's 14 day free trial
There are a million ways to build a website. Sometimes having so many options is paralyzing. With this course I walk you through the entire process of building a website from scratch. I'll show you every step I used to build my own website, and you can just follow along to build yours. I make all the tough decisions for you!
What is Squarespace?
The easiest and most cost-effective way to build a website is to use a platform. Squarespace is a template-based website platform that I use and recommend because of it's ease-of-use, beautiful templates, built-in eCommerce tools, and automatic responsive design (which is a fancy way of saying your website will look good on smart phones, tablets and desktop screens).
You can sign up for Squarespace with their 14-day free trial while you complete this course. If you're happy with your website you can sign up for one of their affordable accounts, or you can let your free account expire with no charge. I have done my research and Squarespace has very affordable and comparable pricing plans relative to competitors.
Content and Overview
This is a hand-holding course. I want you to follow the course videos in order from start to finish so you'll be able to set up your Squarespace site, add pages, create an eCommerce store, a sales page, and a blog.
Every step you need to create a fully functional website is covered in this course.
Who is this course for?
If you want a pretty "typical" website, this course if for you. A typical website includes multiple pages (Home, About, Contact) as well as an optional blog and/or eCommerce store.
This course and Squarespace is great for:
- eCommerce Stores
- Project Specific Sites
Who this course is for:
- This is a course for website beginners. No code or prior website experience necessary
- Squarespace is particularly good for bloggers, photographers, artists, musicians, restaurants, events, non-profits, and project specific websites.
- This tutorial may not be well suited for folks that need a complicated or very specific website. If that's what you need, I would suggest hiring a professional web developer.
My name is Ryan and I'm a professional civil engineer - but I'm also an entrepreneur and photographer (on the side).
I enjoy teaching here on Udemy and am thrilled when I receive 5 stars and wonderful comments like the ones below from my students. Helping people is something I just love to do.
If you're one of my students - thank you. It's an honour to be your teacher. :)
Please feel free to get in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you.
A sample of comments from my students:
"Extremely helpful and will save me a lot of time" - Mikki Couch
"Very easy to follow" - Paul Robinson
"Well explained and to the point" - Vic Zubakin
"Simply the best teacher" - Dalida Innes
"It's rare to find a guide this helpful and informative." - Sean Ibison