Create a Blog website - Hugo, Github, Netlify in one hour
- Everything will be taught in this course. Basic command line skills will be helpful but not necessary
This is a short series on how to create a simple website for hosting blogs and showcase your portfolio using opensource tools such as Hugo, Github and Netlify. During COVID times, it's better to have a online presence, and nothing beats other than doing it completely for FREE. Just spend one hour and have your own blog to share! This course is also released in youtube, so you may hear about playlist in my demos. So please feel free to ignore it.
Who this course is for:
- Hobbyist and bloggers who wants to create a blog to share ideas.
- 02:06Create a free blog website using Hugo, Github, and Netlify
- 02:05Register for a Github account to host your static content.
- 02:20Install Git which will used for versioning our static website
- 04:22Creating a repository in Github to host our website
- 03:36Install Hugo - Static Site Generator to create websites for blogs or showcase yo
- 08:41Creating our first Static Web Site using Hugo Themes
- 11:06Customizing your static website
- 15:53Pushing our website to Github
- 11:31Create an account in Netlify and host our website
- 10:36Typora - Editor to easily create blogs and other content
I'm a security expert with over two decades of security consulting experience. Some of my skills are listed below:
Windows Security Expert – Both offensive and defensive techniques
Performed Network pentesting, security code reviews and application risk assessments for customer facing applications at Fortune 100 companies.
Lead and manage security consultants at U.S.Bank to improve security posture of applications, networks, and Mobile applications.
Delivered several million dollars of security services and technology for clients in the financial, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and utilities sectors.
Performed Red team hacking for many Fortune 500 companies
Introduced security risk assessments and threat modeling techniques into the organization.
Acted as technical authority on security for numerous RFPs and during contract negotiations.
Participated in many PCI Assessments for many small, large and multinational companies and performed gap analysis, consultation, and development of customized solutions.
Audited applications written in multiple languages, including Java/JSP, VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, C/C++, PHP.
Web Penetration testing to prove Software Security Vulnerabilities with IBM AppScan, Burp Professional, Paros and Manual Fuzzing and Penetration Testing with AppScan and Firefox plug-ins.
Trained, documented and advised application developers in regards to security risks, secure coding best practices, with practical remediation guidance provided to developers.
Drove the adoption of security scanning tools for both development and production use. Tools utilized: Qualys and IBM Rational AppScan.
Trained developers to write secure code using the OWASP software security testing guide.
Found Software security vulnerabilities for clients including: SQL injection, XSS, Cross Site Request Forgery and multiple other vulnerabilities.
Tested many networks and over a thousand Fortune 100 web applications for security issues; tested top company external and internal and penetrated into systems.
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
GIAC GSSP-JAVA Certification
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)