Create a 2D and 3D Running Platformer in Unity
- 106.5 hours on-demand video
- 53 articles
- 46 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a Classic 2D and Classic 3D Platformer game in Unity®
- Code in C#.
- Know the foundations of 3D model-making in Blender
- Learn the fundamentals of game design.
- Unwrap UV's and perform simple texturing of 3D art assets
- Create game art in Photoshop.
- Build a simple game that is easy to expand on
- And More!
- To follow along with these tutorials, you will need the following programs: Blender (for 3D modeling), Photoshop or a free program like Gimp (for 2D art/texturing), and Unity® (for coding).
- The tutorials were recorded on a Mac, but Blender, Photoshop, and Unity® can be used with a PC.
- Please download and install Unity® and Blender before purchasing this course.
If you're as nostalgic for the classic Super Mario as we are, join us in this course! Learn to make a 2D & 3D platform runner game. Design and implement power-ups, enemies, game characters, and backgrounds. We interweave theory with practical examples so that you learn by doing.
We teach you how to build a Super MARLO Runner game with Unity®. This course is unique because we make both the code and the art for the game from scratch. We teach you the fundamentals of designing, coding, and fine-tuning a game.
Beginner's Guide for Aspiring Game Developers
First you design the game and its functionality in Unity®. You learn how to code in C# and build video game levels. Don't worry if you've never coded before. We start simple and add more to the game as the course goes on.
Furthermore, Kevin Liao teaches you everything you need to know about Photoshop to make game art. One of the best features is that you can watch the courses at any speed you want. This means you can speed up or slow down the video if you want to.
This course is project-based. You will not learn a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course, you will have an AWESOME game to use in your portfolio. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump into a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math! Learning to code will propel you forward for any situation. Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
We prioritize learning by doing. We blend theory with practical projects to ensure you get a hands-on experience by building projects alongside your instructor. Our experienced instructors know how to explain topics clearly at a logical pace. Check out our huge catalog of courses for more content.
We really hope you decide to purchase this course and take your knowledge to the next level!
Let's get started!
- Even if you have never coded before, you can use these lessons to get a headstart in the game-making realm! This course is targeted towards beginners to immediate.