Crash Course in Instructional Design for Creatives
What you'll learn
- Define basic (useful) concepts of Instructional Design
- Apply basic concepts to your topic
- Create module outline by topic for your course
- Describe your target customer in depth
- Analyze the topics and content your customer will need to get from your course to meet their needs
- Identify different levels of learning and why it is important to have higher lever learning objectives.
- Integrate Bloom’s Taxonomy into your course outline
- Create 3x LO’s for each module of your course outline.
- List the content you already have, and/or brainstorm content that you will make
- Assess what content will match your LO’s
- Create tools to evaluate your learner’s progress
- Create content that meets the LO’s
- Managing yourself and your time- Staying on task until completion
- Evaluating your content to ensure it delivers on LO’s and customer’s needs
- Identify delivery method(s) for your course and what tools you need to deliver on
- Create a plan to market and deliver your course
- Evaluate the whole product
- You know you niche and topic already
So, you want to make an online course, but you are struggling to put it together? In this course I teach you how to go from an idea to a course. I walk you through the design steps and tips to making a launch plan so that when you are finished you have a product that makes it easy to communicate what value you can deliver with your course. You will speak directly to your customer's pain points as you will have designed your course around their needs. You will also ensure that your course has a high enough level of learning so that you can deliver things that your customer can't find on YouTube and Google.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to create an online course
- Course Developers
I am armed with a degree in Adult Education, and not afraid to use it! I have extensive experience with instructional design, at both the college, and private sector. When I left the field of higher education to pursue my own passions, I began creating courses. What I realized is that there are a few key concepts in Instructional Design that are very useful to the online course developer, that may not be as common knowledge as you think. So the Crash Course in Instructional Design was born.