Mac Basics 2024 - Master your Mac & MacOS X Complete Course
What you'll learn
- You will know how to work in the easiest and most efficient ways to get things done in Mac OS
- Utilize all the tools that your Mac is loaded with already
- Keep your Macos organized and running at the full potential without clutter
- Learn the most important keyboard shortcuts on a Mac
- Modify your Mac OS environment most efficiently as per your specific needs and preferences
- Save time and energy by improving your Macos workflow processes
- Have fun using your wonderful Mac computer.
- A Mac computer, i.e. either a Apple Macbook or iMac.
- All you need to know is, how to turn your Apple Mac On/Off, launch specific applications like Safari web browser, etc.
- Apart from that, we won't assume any Macos background knowledge and will cover the basics for each lecture as we go along.
Welcome to the crash course on how to use Mac Operating System (commonly referred to as Mac OS or Macos ).
If you have recently switched from Windows to Mac OS X on an Apple Macbook or iMac, the differences between the two operating systems might seem confusing, frustrating and even a bit overwhelming at first.
I can totally resonate with you since I have been in your shoes. When I bought my first Macbook after using Windows for many many years, it took me many hours just to learn how to Copy & Paste text (without the help of Google).
Learning other basic functionalities in the new Macbook was a nightmare. It was a steep learning curve and took me months of browsing blogs and Youtube videos before I became comfortable with my Mac.
So I created this course to help BEGINNERS and INTERMEDIATE USERS of the Mac OS to improve their macos user experience. I have packed this course with whatever I have learnt during the last few years on my Apple Macbook.
And the cool thing is, you can learn all of it in this course, without looking for Mac os Catalina etc. tutorials on Youtube, Apple Support etc.
Mac computers are wonderful, stable, carefully designed and well built - no doubt about that. And it's safe to assume that almost always, there is an easy and cool way to do things in Mac OS X.
Many people think that with Mac computers and Macbooks, one needs to purchase many extra software packages, which come built in with Windows computers.
If you have the same views, I have a great news for you! Your Mac is full of tools and functionalities which you probably have never had a chance to explore, so you're missing out on a lot of cool stuff. For example, you get many free apps, e.g. iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Pages etc.
In this hands on course, I have carefully put together many Macos tricks and best practices in the form of short video tutorials. It took me years (well, literally!) to learn them, but with this course, you can learn these Macos tricks super fast with minimal effort.
These wonderful tips and hacks will save your time and energy and will have a big impact on your productivity. This course will take you from a beginner / intermediate to an advanced Mac OS user in no time!
After taking this course, you would be able to navigate the Mac OS X with swipes and keyboard shortcuts like a breeze, and would be able to minimize Macos Catalina etc. slowdowns like a boss. I will even teach you how to do basic video editing in iMovie.
This course will be regularly updated and I will be adding more macos tips as I explore them!
Who this course is for:
- NEW USERS of Mac OS, who just started using a Mac computer, or for people who switched from Windows to Macos and are struggling through the differences between these operating systems.
- INTERMEDIATE USERS, as they might find some very helpful ways to get certain things done in Mac OS that they didn't know about before.
- This course is NOT for ADVANCED USERS of Mac, as they might know most of these tips already.
Kashif holds a Masters in Engineering from a top university in the US. He loves to teach, and has 11 years of university level teaching experience.
Apart from traditional academics, he is passionate about Online Education and Digital Entrepreneurship. He is interested in Photo and Video Editing, and Motion Graphics.
In his free time, Kashif likes travelling, enjoys cooking and reading books.
Abdullah is a Pakistani biorn entrepreneur who loves to create online courses and ride the next wave of digital entrepreneurship. He has extensive experience in the tech sector, and has a solid background in Mathematics. His interest are Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, and likes to play around with video editing projects in his spare time.